Chapter 12

Georgia flailed her arms trying to get free as Kian whispered in her ear, "stop squabbling and stay still." 

Georgia stopped immediately and looked through the gap of the closet doors at the couple from the park as they walked in front of where her and Kian were hiding. The woman's hair was so long it swayed past her bottom as she walked, she was wearing the tightest blue jeans with a revealing white shirt and high heeled boots. The man looked scruffy and had a shaven head that made his ears stick out. He was dragging something that sounded heavy, "Catrina, look what I have found hiding in the room down the hallway."

The woman, who must have been Catrina, turned around and smiled at him. "Ooh yummy. My next meal. I would share but I know this isn't your type." She took the heavy body from him and delved into its neck. Kian could feel Georgia's heart racing and silently begged her to stay still.

After Catrina had devoured the body she turned to the man, "well Nick. What is our plan of action then? I am getting desperate for this Alchemy and feeling inpatient. I don't want to lurk in the shadows anymore."

Nick walked over and wiped the blood from her chin before kissing her. "My sweet Catrina, we are closer than we have ever been before. Frederick said Teresa is here, and guess what..." Catrina was hanging on his every word, "he said the Jones witch has a human female descendent. The Alchemy is in our grasp" Catrina jumped for joy, "but first, the necklace." Catrina blew him a kiss and stepped over the body she had just enjoyed before strutting off down the hallway, Nick closely followed.

When Kian heard the doors bang further down in the building he moved his hand from Georgia's mouth. She didn't move. "Georgia it's okay. I'm not going to let anything happen to you", he could smell her fear and knew he had to get her out. Still not moving and transfixed on the blood on the floor, Kian took Georgia's hand and dragged her out the closet. As he let go Georgia walked over to the puddle of blood, she put her hand to her mouth as tears started rolling down her cheeks. Kian slowly walked towards her and gently took her hand, "come on", he whispered as he took her through the building, out the main door and into the alleyway round the side so they were hidden.

Georgia snatched her hand away and realised she was out, "how were you there? How did you know I was there?" she felt like she was on the brink of a meltdown. 

Kian smiled and put his hands on her shoulders, "Georgia have you learnt nothing? I can hear for miles. I can zone in on you and work out exactly where you are."

Georgia looked up at him in shock. "So you are following me?" she started fiddling with the key around her neck. Kian caught sight of it. 

He took his hand out to hold it but it burnt his hand, "ow. What is that?"

Georgia looked up at him, "mum gave it to me. Here, you can touch it."

She held it out to him again and a bit more hesitantly he held it in his fingers. "Georgia, where is this from?" He was starting to work out who Georgia's mum really was. He started putting the puzzle pieces together in his head; she knew how lavender affected their kind, she didn't seem scared touching his cold skin at the hospital and he had seen the necklace in the picture of Georgia's mum on the side in her house.

Georgia shrugged and took the chain back to hide under her top. That is when he noticed the smell of blood. He could hear crying over in the skate park next to the alleyway. He went to touch his blood band and realised it wasn't on his wrist. "What is it?" Georgia had been talking the whole time but Kian had completely zoned out. 

"Georgia, you need to leave" he shouted at her, "run!"

Before her eyes she watched Kian's eyes turn from the sparkling blue to dirty yellow. The muscles on his arms became more defined. His lips started changing shape making way for something sharp appearing at the corner of his lips. Georgia couldn't move.