Chapter 15

Upon Teresa's request Georgia stayed longer at the Richmond's house for her safety. Georgia found it helpful to find out more about Alchemies and her part to play, however the Richmond's were very vague so as not to worry her too much. Georgia knew with Catrina now dead, Nick would be vengeful. Arabella escorted Georgia to school every day and didn't leave her side for much. Kian didn't spend much time in lessons but used the common room as a way of getting information and getting to know Zachary as his dad had left town. He didn't spend much time with Georgia; she spent her time at the Richmond's with Arabella and Joanna and her time at school with Clara and Sophia. Kian found his time at home with her difficult as he knew he couldn't resist her, but to keep her safe he needed to stay away. If Nick or Frederick were going to use Georgia as bait to get him to respond he couldn't chance it.

It was coming up to Georgia's eighteenth birthday and Arabella was fed up with watching Kian and Georgia mope around, trying to avoid each other. The house was big, but not that big. Georgia woke up to a beautiful sunrise. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Arabella shrieked, making Georgia jump. She sat up and looked over at Arabella lying next to her, all dressed ready for the day – looking beautiful as ever.

Georgia yawned, "why are you in my bed?"

Arabella laughed, "well, there was no one else here and I couldn't have you waking up alone on your birthday." Georgia rolled her eyes and turned over. "Get out of bed birthday girl. I have got lots of things to organise and I need you out of here."

Georgia pulled the covers off of her and got out of bed. She pulled on a jumper and walked over to the window, noticing the birthday banners Arabella had hung up with '18' splashed across them. As she got to the window she noticed how different the garden looked. Georgia pressed her face against the glass in shock. Arabella shot over with a cup of tea she had had ready made for Georgia, "so I know you said no party..."

Georgia looked at her, "and I meant NO party Arabella!"

Arabella gave her a puzzled face, "well I am throwing you a party." Before Georgia could argue Arabella put her finger to Georgia's lips, "look, it is my present to you. I am going to do your hair and makeup at six thirty this evening and I have got you a dress, so you don't have to worry about anything." Georgia was left speechless. She turned back around to look at the garden. Joanna and Luke were setting up a marquee with the help of some of their friends that Georgia didn't recognise. She turned back around to question Arabella but found herself alone.

Georgia got dressed into the clothes laid out for her on the flowery chair in the corner of the room (courtesy of Arabella she was sure) and opened her bedroom door. To her surprise there was a trail of skittles and M&Ms leading down the hallway. Georgia laughed to herself and followed them. Down the stairs there was a trail of pink balloons and at the bottom leading into the lounge there was an archway of white and pink peonies.

Arabella was sat on the sofa with Kian as she walked into the room. Arabella nudged him as he looked angrily back at her, having tricked him into being there when the last thing he wanted was to see Georgia. Arabella ignored him and shot to the other side of the room to get Georgia's present and gave it to her, almost knocking Georgia over. "Happy birthday, again" she giggled. Georgia walked over to the chair next to where Kian was sitting and sat down to open it, feeling Arabella's eyes watching her.

Joanna and Luke appeared with their gift just as Georgia had undone the ribbon, "oh here is our gift too", they presented her with a small box. Georgia accepted shyly and carried on opening Arabella's gift. It was a new silver chain.

Georgia held it up in amazement at how sparkly it was. She looked over at Arabella, "wow, it's so pretty. Thank you, but you really didn't have to!"