ch. 4

lost light, rodimus POV:

and now as the former captain of the lost light now has seemingly failed,...first the majority of the crew thought that they might do a waste of time, second the ones that wanted to do it needed a test if traveling is safe, especially if they have wings involved....and lastly rodimus is out of bots to ask, all of them but except of one of them...riptide, who is dozing off, thinking that the conference to gather volunteers is too boring.

rodimus: great! now we have no one left!?

nightbeat well not everyone is left!

rodimus: well! i guess broadside is not alone any longer!

now as rodimus vaulted over the table and then walked out of his way to then wake up the most likely candidate to then do the job for them.

rodimus: well I hope he's the big guy's last hope!

nightbeat: well he's known to be pretty lazy...so?

rodimus: so here goes nothing!

rodimus then wakes up the sleeping hydrobot.

riptide: zzzzzz....hah!? eh? oh Rodimus! how long was I asleep?

rodimus: well the conference ended, I guess we can rescue broadside...

riptide: aaaaagghhh!!!! can't you just get someone else to do it!?

Rodimus: sorry! the ones that wanted to do it, wanted a test if it's safe...or the ones who think that it's a form of cybertronian botnapping device.

riptide: well why can't you get the other hydrobots to do it?

Rodimus: well the other hybrobots like splashdown and waverider are now elsewhere...so?

TIMESKIP BOUGHT TO YOU BY, riptide stealing compiler's pudding.

now as they now drag an unwilling riptide to the hangar bay to then have him fitted to [do a fate grand order- Esque thing] find broadside after nightbeat's discovery has gotten rodimus' attention.

riptide: come on? can't we just talk this one out?

rodimus: sorry! can't leave anyone behind!

nightbeat: and plus we need you to help us convince the others to help us find broadside!

riptide: so what is this stuff!?

rodimus: recording equipment! we asked rewind to let us go borrow his backup...so we can see what you're seeing right?

riptide: remember! if I found broadside, I'm coming straight back here, right?

rodimus noted! and see you on the other side!...oh! and while we're at it, I'll go watch this stuff on the screen with everyone else!

riptide: fine! if I died on the other side it's all on you!

brainstorm then came in the room with the strange cube in a safe container of some kind....so riptide can touch it as well as get sent to where ever the location is at.

brainstorm: I heard that when someone with a certain alternate mode either aerialbots or hydrobots can be affected.

riptide: alright fine! just let me, come back if everyone is convinced!

rodimus: ok!

riptide now touches the cube and now armed to the teeth, with the best recording equipment all borrowed from rewind...