єριѕσ∂є 57

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Seokjin didn't take the pills. "You lied to me." He had gone through the hardest nights by himself, every night was cold and painful. And the next morning, everything was still the same, the other half of the bed was still ice-cold, leaving more and deeper scars on his heart.

Taehyung quieted down. He stared at Seokjin in sorrow and pity. He seemed to have fought himself so hard to lay his fingertip on Seokjin's canthus. "Seokjin, don't cry..."

Seokjin now realized that the fluids were overflowing. His heart told himself to let go but his traumatized body couldn't forget the pain. It was a conditioned reflex.

Taehyung tried to hug hum. It was simply a gesture of solace that meant to warm and support him. But the moment Taehyung reached out his arms, Seokjin intuitively and imperceptibly dodged.

Taehyung's arms awkwardly hung in the air, he looked down on the ground without making a sound. He could no longer conceal the heavy weariness. No matter how much he cared for Seokjin, he was still a man that he knew for less than six months, so how could he ever compete with the one Seokjin had known for 15 years? Even though he didn't say anything, he didn't show any signs, the struggling and the sadness in
Seokjin's eyes couldn't lie.

Seokjin's love was unswerving all along. The next life was unpredictable but in this life, all he loved was that one person and that person alone.

Taehyung had done everything right. He had been as dedicated as Jungkook used to be, he had kept Seokjin’s company for the last several months. What he didn't have was the memory Seokjin and Jungkook had created together but it was no matter of sequence. Perhaps God just had his own plan.

"Sorry, Doctor Kim," Seokjin sensed the awkwardness in the air, "I..."

Taehyung shook his head and forced a smile, "Seokjin, let's go to Daegu. Or far away from here...." He didn't explain why but both of them knew the reason—Jungkook had known this place and that man wouldn't be kept in custody forever.

Seokjin also shook his head but he wasn't saying no. "Doctor... Before we leave, can I ask you a favor?"

There still seemed to be a distance between them.

"Sure, anything you want." Taehyung didn't give another answer, he just held the bitterness down.

.
.
.
.

Jungkook had been in custody for about 6 hours and he answered every question he was asked. When he was left alone, he just watched the willows in the breeze through the half-opened gate, head tilted.

He didn't see Seokjin today and even the thought of the name 'Seokjin' made him want to cry.

He saw his young enemy though, the gentle, polite doctor, the man went berserk when hearing the name 'Jungkook'. He suddenly realized that everything he had done to Seokjin was unforgivable evil in the eyes of a man that genuinely cared for him.

But of course, Jungkook knew.

Seokjin was cut off from his parents, his school, and his friends because he took him away. He was supposed to make it up to him with love and guilt, to make him happier than anyone else so that Seokjin wouldn't regret anything when he reminisced the past. Seokjin was loved by his grandpa, disciplined by his parents, placed high hopes by his teachers.

However, here he ended up in misery.

What Jungkook did was more than evil. After a little thought, he mumbled the word 'fiendish'.

He did more than one bad thing to Seokjin, every one of them was cruel.

After Jungkook went through everything from beginning to end, he admitted that Seokjin had never enjoyed one happy day with him. He never complained about the hard life at the beginning of their relationship. In summers, he had heat strokes while developing business, in winters, his hands suffered frostbites in the freezing winds. Afterwards, Jungkook kept Seokjin at home and expanded business on his own, he didn't have lovers at the time but that was a suffocating time for the latter. And then, Jungkook turned into a whole different person.

Persons like Seokjin was soft, he wouldn't make a sound no matter how many damages he was undertaking. No one knew how painful he was unless he couldn't take anymore when he was at his last gasp.

Jungkook gently stroked the plain ring on his third finger. Knowing the fact that he had failed the one he loved the most in his life was so despairing that he couldn't even shed a tear.