єριѕσ∂є 36

Seokjin fell on the ground, with his chest soaked with blood. After he struggled with the suffocating pain, leaving the unprecedented quietness in the room.

He stared at the unadorned ring on the third finger of his left hand. He had worn the ring for more than a decade and rubbed it for ten million times, which had been turned into a rope that firmly tied his heart.

But he did not know that his precious ring was just a cheap and rough thing in others’ eyes. The cruel fact told him that his persistence in love was as funny as a joke.

He took off the ring slowly. As he had worn it for too long, it was difficult and painful to do with it. But in the end, what the ring could leave was only a white and shallow trace.

He threw the ring far away with his eyes closed, hearing nothing but a few light sounds as the ring fell down and bounced under the sofa.

Seokjin lay on the ground for a long time before getting up. Then he washed his face, cleaned his clothes, and cooked for cats. He felt that he might be really numb like a puppet, mending his broken heart again and again with needle and thread. Between the happy years and the sad years, he spent time like this.

When Jungkook went home, Seokjin was reading in the living room, pretending that he didn’t know Jungkook’s return. Well, he just smiled with a light satisfaction, slowly turning over the pages.

“Jinnie.” Jungkook was attracted by that smile, and he called Seokjin with deep feelings which seemed to have been accumulated and concealed for more than a decade.

“I'm back.” He finally came back like a kid tired of playing outside, being afraid to be beaten.

Seokjin put down the poems written by Nam Tae-Joo and looked up at the man who still stood in the entryway. Jungkook was holding a large bundle of gypsophila paniculata, a pair of affectionate eyes staring at him.

He smiled, “Is it for me?” He stood up to pick up the flowers and was kissed on the cheek by Jungkook. “Of course. Jasmine flower shop wasn't open yet, so I waited to get them for you.”

Seokjin did not answer. He took over the flowers, but he could not find a vase to contain them. Later on, he remembered that the vase had been broken before.

The older thought Seokjin so cute and funny when he stood there foolishly while holding the flowers in his hand. Then, he begun to feel slightly moved and painful seeing he at a loss.

“Just put it aside. I'll make it into dry flowers for you, which is easy to keep.” Jungkook looked at him with a smile and said, “You haven’t eaten, right? I bought some groceries back. I'll make dinner for you.”

It was only 6 pm. Seokjin didn't eat so early when he was alone. Even most of the time, he didn’t eat anything. And the medicine was enough to make him feel full.

He stood behind the door of the kitchen and looked at the tall man cooking like a boy. He said from time to time: “Less salt...no vinegar...don't add coriander to the fish, you brat!”

As a result, there was too much salt, vinegar, and even the coriander.

“It was your fault to disturb my heart.” Jungkook smiled and pinched the cheek of Seokjin, and then he was astonished by Seokjin haggard face.