єριѕσ∂є 62

Jungkook taking a flight from Busan to Seoul, too tired to drive with his head being a mess and a pain in his heart. But in every second in his mind was full of, 'I'm missing you, Seokjin.'

Jungkook looked down through the porthole of the plane, where he could see nothing but clouds. The loneliness hit him at this instant. He used to think that he was powerful and fearless. It was only because he had Seokjin by his side.

Jungkook was great at pretending. He pretended he was fierce and strong. But in fact, he matured too late. Seokjin had always been indulging him, tolerating him. From the moment they got together till the end he decided to leave him, Seokjin had never embarrassed him at all.

Seokjin was always tender and soft. Even after all the lonely nights, all the suffering Jungkook put him through, and all the pain caused by his disease, he only looked at him dearly and hugged him tightly when he was leaving.

But still Jungkook the one let him go first.

If every time you were about to lose someone, you could just hold them tighter, how much less regrets you would have in your life.

It was 7:30 when he arrived in Seoul. Just getting out of the plane, he felt the biting coldness of the northern winter. The cold wind at night could pierce your bones.

His assistant Jung came to pick him up, and brought him a warm coat.

“Do you maybe know where is Yoongi now? On his honeymoon?” he put on the coat and asked.

His assistant thought for a moment and recalled the vague impression, “Mr. Min is still in Seoul. His bride's grandfather is dying.”

Jungkook looked at his watch and said, “Wait for me in the car. I want to give him a call.”

His assistant answered and took away his luggage.

Jungkook leaned on the wall diagonally, he was too tired to stand straight. He rested for half a minute, then he took out his phone and called his friend.

“Jungkook?” Yoongi picked up quickly and asked, “Where are you?”

He lowered his head and pinched his nose, “I'm back in Seoul.”

“Then…”

“Don't ask.” Jungkook interrupted him because he didn't want to bring up the pain. “Can you do me a favor, please.”

His voice came from the other side of the phone with a touch of nonchalance, "Do you know about Mayor Lee's son?"

"Lee Eunjoon?" Yoongi sounded solemn, "Why do you wanna know about him? Even combining all of us, we can do nothing about him. His dad is a ministry director."

"The boy he's so captivated by, also has leukemia. He had the bone marrow that matched his but that was the one Taehyung got for Seokjin." He loosened his collar agitatedly, pushed the door and walked outside in big steps.

Assistant Jung got off the car and opened the car door for him in a hurry.

Jungkook grabbed a pack of cigarettes from the backseat, took one out and ignited it. "I'm going to see him tomorrow," He gave Assistant Jung a gesture, "Go back that apartment beside fourth ring-road."

"Jungkook-ah," Yoongi lowered his voice, quite imperceptibly, "No matter what happens, you should give up on that idea, they're not going to back down easily. You might not be familiar with these things, but talk went around. Mayor Lee really values his son. Beside, for man of his status, neither threats or bribe will work. You're  better off not saying anything."

Jungkook's cigarette burnt out but he didn't realize until he felt the heat of fire searing his finger. Ashes scattered on him.

"Hyung, you don't have to worry about it..." He lowered the window, "You know more people at the hospital than I do. Just go look into Seokjin's medical records, help me ask around if there's any marrow that matches his available."

Yoongi sighed quietly, "Jungkook-ah, I know, I've also ask people to kept an eye on this. But some of these things that you need to know... I took some of those pills in your study room and had them checked, those are specific medications for terminal patients." He paused with ineffable heartache, "It's been dragged out for so long... there's not much use for a bone marrow transplant."

Jungkook didn't reply.

"Did you find Seokjin?" Yoongi changed the subject.

He answered lifelessly and forced a bitter smile, "He refused to see me. I'm in Seoul right now."

Yoongi didn't know what to say; his heart felt for him. He had pretty much witnessed what Seokjin had been through. If Jungkook didn't care about the man, then the whole thing would be harmless. But he had never let go. Even he felt bad for Seokjin, not to mention his friend.

"Let's not talk about me." Jungkook closed up the window, watching the city light flash the compartment. He breathed out lightly, "How's your old man?"

"Yeri has been taking care of him at the hospital. He has been getting on in age, but no major diseases, just constantly minor illness," he said, "There's no one in the house except for me, it's like an empty nest."

Jungkook chuckled, "Alright then, I'll hang up first. I'm nearly home." Their chat didn't go too far as Yoongi now had a family. Thought he'd better trouble him less.

"President Jeon, the land at Western District has been approved. Will you come to the office tomorrow?" Assistant Jung didn't dare to make a sound until his boss hung up the phone.

"Western District?" Jungkook wasn't in a clear state of mind, he could hardly open his eyes.

"The bidding a month ago. Mr. Lee and his people were interested."

Jungkook's eyes were suddenly wide open, his fingers started to tremble involuntarily. "Give it to Kim Namjoon. He always wants it, doesn't he?"

"President Jeon.."

"Stop. I'm returning the favor to the Kim's family with that land." And the cost of this business was ironically Seokjin's life.

Jungkook wasn't any part of Lee Eunjoon's bone marrow robbery but he insisted that he was the real culprit. A miserable and abominable man.