Riley's pov
"Dad, uh what are you doing here" I asked as he walked in with the maid "came to see how you were doing. Is he here" "he should be on his way back. Is something wrong" "does something have to be wrong for me to come see my daughter" "I mean no but I usually come see you" "true well I was out and figured I'd stop by. How are you" "I'm good. Just relaxing usually" "you two planning on going anywhere" "no not that I know of" "okay. It's nice in here" "mhm" "he takes good care of you, si" "yes dad he does" "just making sure. I know how he grew up, I just need to know how he matured" "he has. Do you plan on staying until he gets here" "is he far" "shouldn't be. How's mom doing" "good. She's been at her sisters all day so I haven't seen her much" "are you guys okay" "we're fine Riley, she likes to take breaks" "from you" "yes. You know as well I do that I'm not the most reasonable man. We got into a little argument this morning so she said she was going out with her sister" "a little argument" "it wasn't bad, like I said she likes to take breaks before things get bad" "would you actually tell me if it was" "I doubt it but it's not" "okay then" "we still have a trip planned so everything should be fine by the weekend" "alright good".

He stayed, making small talk until Ricky came inside.
"Mr. Rapino, how are you" he said shaking his hand "I'm good, yourself" "the same" "were you working" "checking in on things while Isaac is out of town" "oh yes he did leave" "mhm" "how are your parents" "they're fine. They went to Romania" "oh really" "yea so they'll be gone for a few days" "so how long are you gonna live together before you marry my daughter" he asked "oh uh, until we're both ready" Ricky answered, I'm sure just to evade the question "so you live together, sleep together probably unprotected, you spend your money on her. So you want her without all of the commitments is what I'm understanding" "it's not like that it's just marriage is a big step and we just graduated, it won't be never just not tomorrow" "dad, we've talked about this before" "if you're not opposed I don't understand the problem in marrying each other before an accident occurs" "it won't" I said, knowing he was talking about me getting pregnant "very well" "I'm sorry sir if you disapprove" "I don't disapprove exactly but she is my daughter and if anything happens we all know which of you will be congratulated and which of you will be ridiculed" "I understand" Ricky said "good" dad said as they nodded in agreement.

Tess' pov
"Hey baby" Drew said joining me in the kitchen and sitting his keys on the counter before coming over to kiss me "hey" "what's wrong" "sorry nothing" "looks like something. Talk to me" "I think I want to go to Italy to get Elijah" "why" "he doesn't like it and they're being unreasonable" "about" "him working with Isaac. My grandfather thinks it's a little excessive" "they don't want him to be in the business" "they do but they think Isaac has too much going on to look after him" "you don't agree" "I agree but it's not like he's the only one looking after Elijah" "so they think Isaacs reckless" "more or less but he's not just the problem" "let me guess, Gio" "mhm. They always thought he was too unhinged for me to even hang around and now they don't want Elijah around them but I don't know what they expect" "so what would going to get him do" "my parents are gonna be in Rome for the rest of the year and I'll just keep him here" "here" "unless you mind" "of course not" "I just don't see why he has to stay if he doesn't want to" "are you gonna talk to your parents" "yea, I'm gonna call my mom" "well I'll let you do that and I'll go change" "okay. Oh, how was your day" "it was good babe" "sorry I didn't even ask" "it's alright. Come up when you're done" "yea" I said before he kissed me and left the kitchen.

"Hey mom" "hey honey. How are you" "I'm good. How's it going there" "good. We're finally settled in" "just finishing up" "yes, this morning. There was some shipping issues" "oh I'm sorry" "it's fine. At least it's done now" "true. So I talked to Elijah earlier today" "okay" "he really doesn't like being in Italy" "he's with family" "yes but they're basically treating him like it's WitSec. He said he's not allowed to go anywhere alone and they ask who he's in contact with all time. All of that stuff, he doesn't like it" "it's for his good. Besides it's only until your father and I get back" "yea, I was thinking of going to get him" "when" "tomorrow" "Theresa he's not coming home" "why" "because it's dangerous" "you're saying it like he's being targeted" "no he's not directly but the two people he looks up to more than anything are constantly targeted, who's to say he won't get caught in the crossfire" "he can get caught in the crossfire in Italy" "you know we love Isaac and Gio but when it comes to business I think they're reckless and frankly quite insane" "so you're just gonna store him in Nonnos estate" "he's not a prisoner" "in that case, I'm bringing him back" "do you want him to end up like Diego" she shouted and I was kind of taken aback, it's been a while since she talked about him "of course not mom, none of us do. But Diego didn't die working with Isaac or Gio, he died in prison and Elijah isn't Diego. You can't treat him like he's your second chance at seeing Diego. He's his own person and he has to have his own experiences and make his own decisions" "I'm allowed to protect my son" "yes but don't shelter him. One way or another he'll end up working with Isaac and Gio whether you like it or not, just make sure when the time comes you're in his life to help him" "he'll stay with you" "yes" "Theresa, I can't lose another son" "I know, I can't lose another brother. They may be insane but I trust them" "fine. I'll call your Nonno to let him know you'll be there soon" "thank you mom" "of course" "I'll talk to you later. Bye" "bye honey" she said before I hung up.