Force Hands

Haileys pov
"Baby" I said as he came out of the bathroom "yea love" "Tess' invitation" "oh yea. Is it still beginning of the month" he asked referring to the save the date we got a couple months back "yea" "I can't believe they're actually getting married" "why do you say it like that" "because they're having a fight every other month" "there's nothing wrong with couples fighting" "I know but about the same damn thing. She won't listen to us though" "I hope you're not telling her that she shouldn't be getting married even though she's already engaged" "no I'm not" "good. Let her be happy please" "fine" he said before we left the room and went downstairs.

"Good morning Denise" I said "good morning. I heard you up so I started breakfast" "thank you".

"Busy today" I asked him as he started massaging my feet "not today, but I've got something to do tomorrow" "with who" "a few people but I'm riding with Lorenzo and Gio" "is it dangerous" "that's why I'm bringing Gio, love. I'll be alright" "okay. When did his family get here" "last night. I tried to find someone else to take tomorrow but I don't trust enough people in his line of work" "is he gonna try to figure something out to still make it" "no. He said he was looking for a way out of it" "how bad did they need him" "his dad made it sound urgent but who knows. I don't blame him" "yea I guess that makes sense".

///

Rory's pov
I looked up from my laptop as there was a knock on my door.
"Hey, I thought you were Jacob" I said to Gio "sorry. Are you expecting him" "yea he's bringing lunch" "then I'll make it quick. Uh I found Ava" "you did" "yea. She's in Chicago" "did she ever come here" "uh no but she purchased a ticket to Manhattan two months ago but she was obviously prohibited from taking the trip because of the restraining order" "oh my god" "so chances are she might try to come again. I don't want you at his house" "I'm gonna be fine" "maybe but if it was serious enough for you to call me at 4am I'm gonna worry" "I haven't even talked to him yet, I'm not just gonna tell him I won't be going to his house" "fine I'll give you a few days" "okay. How are you doing" "I wish you guys would stop asking. Isaac gave me a job, I don't have to see them" "did you tell your dad" "no. If he wants to call I'll tell him but if not then he'll figure it out when I don't show up" "so to be clear, you don't really give a shit if your family is willing to bring you back into the fold" "I don't but that's not what this is even if I was interested. I'm a hit man and that's all they see" "but they also see loyalty, maybe just try to show them you are" "I'm not, not enough at least. Isaac called and I didn't think twice about choosing him and I don't feel bad" "okay then I won't ask if you're sure anymore" "thank you" he said before I went to get the door again.

"Hi babe" Jacob said, bending down to kiss me "hey" "oh, hey Gio. Everything alright" "yea I was just talking with her but I've gotta get going" "okay" "see you later Rory" "yea see you" I said before he left.

"Thank you for lunch" I said sitting with Jacob on the couch "of course" "so you got off work early or you have to go back" "I'm off for the day. So I'm all yours" "good" "so when do you know if you got the job" he asked "they'll let me know Monday. The second interview went really well I think" "good. I'm proud of you baby" "thank you. And if I do get it, I'll probably go out with Hailey" "that's fine. But if it's a girls night I still want the chance to treat my girlfriend" "you will. Hey um, I need to talk to you about something" "seems serious. Everything alright" "not sure" "have anything to do with Gio" "not like that. It's about Ava" "what about her" "I asked Gio to kind of look into her" "you told him" "only because I needed his help and I didn't know her last name or anything about her, just that you had the restraining order against her" "my god Rory" he said a little angrily "I'm sorry, I really am but he found something" "what" "two months ago she bought a ticket to Manhattan but wasn't allowed to go because of the restraining order" "okay" "the restraining order ended last month" "so I was right, she's here" "no, he said she's still in Chicago but there's a chance she may come. Maybe you should call your mom and see if they've seen anything" "yea. Maybe we shouldn't see each other then" "uh no. I'm fine and we're not breaking up for something like this. If I really think somethings wrong, he or Isaac are a call away. I'm not telling you so you can freak out babe I just want you to be aware" "of course I'm freaking out. I don't want you to get hurt and my family and everything" "I get it and I don't understand it much but if I ask them to handle it, they will. Trust me at least" "I do. I just don't know how much I trust whatever illegal things you aren't telling me about" "don't worry about it babe. It's okay" I said kissing him before he nodded.