Chapter Five: The Only Thought In My Mind

Lucy's P.O.V

There is ringing in my ears. I remember a man in a black cloak ripping my keys from my hands. My kicks me away. I see Nastu bursting through some bushes. He is running with Happy close behind him. The worry and fury on his face make me run towards him. I want to comfort him, I want to hold him in my arms. Tell him it's ok. Even though it's really not. Why? I don't know.

We run to each other, stopped by rune magic, keeping me in and him out. We are so close, but so far. Suddenly a force that I can't see sweeps me up. I am slowly being lifted higher and higher. I can catch glimpses of Natsu. He's angry, but he's so sad. I feel trapped. I am trapped. Trapped inside my head, looking onward to see Natsu suffer. It feels like i'm not looking through my own eyes, around me is blank space.What am I doing? What do I look like? Why does he look so scared? I am floating as I start to become tired. I begin to become so, so tired. I want to sleep. I'm so tired. My heart isn't beating. There's is no air entering my body.

"Natsu!" There is a tiny part in my brain that is still fighting, desperate for a way out. That little bit of fight makes me try my hardest to scream for him. That's when I fall to the ground. I gasp as agony jolts through my body. There is pain in Natsu's eyes, he is yelling. He needs to stop. He needs to- then there is a flash of bright light and a shocking pain that takes over my already broken body. I'm numb.

A man grabs my hair. Pain. It's all happening too fast.

Pain.

Then darkness.

The only thought that is in my mind.

Natsu.

Natsu's P.O.V

Lucy.

The only thought that is in my mind.

I shout into the forest. My hands are trembling.

"AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGG!" I cry out and punch the tree closest to me. I
sit down on the grass as it breaks in two and topples over. "Happy." I growl. "Let's look around." I stand up slowly.

"Natsu! We have to go back to the guild! We can get more help!" He exclaims. There are dried tears on his cheeks. I grumble because I know he is right, but it feels wrong to give up that easily. I shake my head and run into the dark forest. I have to find Lucy. I feel tears forming in my eyes. I squeeze my eyes shut and they are gone.

No. I'm going to stay strong. We will find her.

The tall grass scratches my ankles as Happy flys after me. We search through the night and well into the next day. "Natsu!" Sobs Happy clutching my shoulder, exhausted from flying to try and keep up with me. "We need to get help! We aren't doing anything." I run my hands through the tangled mess of pink hair on my hair and take a shaky breath.

I couldn't protect her. I don't want to leave her. But Happy is right...

"I'm getting help Lucy!" I shout into the forest. We turn and run back towards the village. Happy flies ahead of me quickly. I don't stop running until I'm in the village, standing outside the train station. "For Lucy." I mumble under my breath, stepping aboard. Flashes of her broken body raced through my mind. It drove me forward.

Deep breaths.

Finally I'm back in Magnolia. I stumble off the train, clutching my stomach, and swing the doors of the guild open.

"Welcome back Natsu." Mira smiled. Levy glanced up from her book then stopped and looked behind me.

"Where's Lucy?"

That one sentence. That simple question. The sound that comes out of my mouth is inaudible as I fall to the floor.

Mira's P.O.V

Everyone freezes as they watch their guildmate fall to the floor. I run from behind the bar over to Natsu, who lay crumpled on the ground. "Gajeel! Help me get him to the infirmary!" Shouts Levy, trying to drag him away. The iron dragon slayer grunts. Happy slowly walks up to his friend. His eyes are wide and the poor little guy is shaking like a leaf. When he came in we tried to ask him what happened but he refused to talk, or maybe couldn't, he just huddled away and waited for Natsu. It gave everyone a bad feeling, people were especially anxious.

"He's fine." He rolls his eyes. Normally I would brush this off, but he looked so torn up. Close to tears even, not to mention Lucy's absence, after every mission she would come and tell me about it? The adventure on the train, or how much she had to pay to feed the two, and Happy arriving alone, looking so broken. Something was off. Levy glared at Gajeel.

"Please." She said, strongly, narrowing her eyes at the long haired male. "Something is wrong."

I nod, she had to be right, as much as I didn't want her to be I'm sure she was. Gajeel slowly got up and easily picked up Natsu, carrying him to the infirmary and tossing him on the bed.

"Where's Wendy?" I asked biting my nails. The pink haired dragon slayer looked so weak and tired.

"She went on a trip I think." Muttered Levy. "Lucy still isn't here." she whispered, her hand was covering her mouth and her eyebrows were furrowed. She was pacing around the room and I could practically hear her brain working on overdrive. With a glance at Natsu she left the room, Gajeel following behind her with his hands shoved into his pockets. On any other occasion I would have giggled at Gajeel's obvious thing for Levy, but now was definitely not the time. Happy sat by Natsu the whole time he was out. He didn't wake up for five days, but when he did he shot straight up.

"LUCY!" Natsu screamed over and over. "LET ME GO! I HAVE TO GO SAVE HER!" He kicked and thrashed against all the hands that held him down.

The thing that shut him up was when Levy slapped him across the face. Hard. "Tell us." She demanded as she crossed her arms. He sputtered out his story, trying to keep himself together. Juvia had to run out of the room right after, tears in her eyes. He was taking heavy breaths by the end, his chest was heaving and he closed his eyes. "We...h-have to sa-save her." He mumbled. Suddenly Gray burst into the room. Gray had stopped by the odd time but said Natsu would be embarrassed for him to see him like that.

"Wendy is back." He breathed. "Juvia is filling her in." I ran to the guild doors to see Juvia frantically shaking her head and sobbing. Wendy held her hands and continued to ask what was wrong.

"Juvia. Please tell me. You said something about Natsu? And Lucy too?" The young girl stroked the back of the water mage's hands softly. I run up to them.

"Juvia it's ok. I'll tell her." Juvia nods and runs to where Gray had been standing. He wraps her arms around her and she nuzzles her head into the crook of his neck, sobbing uncontrollably. "Gray-sama. J-Juvia is sorry that she didn't help." She whispers. He hugs her even tighter.

I sit Wendy down and begin to explain. Even though I try to make it as easy as I can it's obviously not enough. Her eyes widened and her both her hands were covering her mouth. "O-ok. W-we'll save her." She nodded. "I'll go to Natsu now." She took a deep breath and walked to the infirmary.

Levy was back to pacing in the room, thinking hard, and Gajeel was watching her from across the room, everyone was sitting silently around Natsu. Who was thrashing around in his sleep. Erza, who had been sitting quietly ushered everyone out of the room when Wendy walked in. People sat at the tables nervously, whispering to each other, Levy continued her pacing. When Wendy walked out of the infirmary door, everyones heads turned so fast that I was surprised they didn't break their necks. She wiped a tear from her eye and straightened her back bravely.

"I can't cure a broken heart."

A/N

I so glad it's spring break...even if there is snow on the ground. Hey! do you guys know what annoying? Writing Licy instead of Lucy Every. Single. Time. 😭

But enough about my problems, well, except the problem that I don't own any of Fairy Tail...

Don't forget to give me a vote and comment, I really appreciate it ❤️

-SailorOfTheNaluShip (Bella😉)