Chapter 1

Introductions

"Hey Mad"!

"Huh- omph".

'Bang' my head goes against the floor as my best friend Aubrey jumps on me and its only 7 o clock. Yay! Note the sarcasm.

"Hey Mad what you doing"? She asks me while she sits on my lungs not allowing me to breathe correctly in the middle of the hallway.

"Oh you know trying my to die while some random fat girl sits right on my lungs" I growl at her.

"Hey your a werewolf you can't die that easily" she says while still sitting on my lungs.

Well I guess I should explain. Yes, I am a werewolf and no I don't go wolf shit only on full moons. I am the daughter of the alpha of the Night Shadows pack. I am destined to become the next alpha of my fathers pack considering I am the oldest of si- five, but I will tell you about them later. I have dark red hair with dark blue eyes that have hints of gold in the middle and freckles right along my cheeks. I am about 5'3 and am very slim but I do have enough muscle to protect myself from a few rogues all alone. Well enough about me.

"Aubrey, every living thing needs air to live so yes I could die that easily". I gasp out from lack of oxygen since I still have someone sitting on my lungs!

"oh alright" she says as she gets up and I take in the wonderful thing we call air. Ahhhhh..

I stand up and look at her and just stare right into her eyes.

She stare right back at me. After a minute or two she starts to squirm under my gaze.

'Makes sense we are one of the few dominate females in the world' my wolf Makena says to me in my mind.

'Very true but you would think since we have been friends for so long that she would have gotten used to this'.

'Hahahaha also true'. she chuckles.

" OK! Okay Mad I won't do it again now stop with the creepy now uncomfortable stare".

Now if you're confused why she keeps calling me Mad its because my name is actually Madelyn but she says Mad because 'Its way to long' as she says. Also because I can get a bit mad sometimes but hey that's the life of a weird person am I right?

"Good. I came very close to death right there and that's saying something", I say while chuckling.

"Yeah yeah let's just get to class before the be-" she gets cut off by the annoyingly loud bell signaling the start of school.

"Yeah let's go"