18: Final Chance

Começar do início

If this was the truth about his motives, then she believed him. She would believe that he didn't have ulterior motives with her. It reassured her to hear it from Minho, whom she had been debating whether to fully trust. Lex gently placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Last time, okay? This is for me, for you and the rest of your gang. I know when I'm not wanted and I don't need to pretend I don't notice. You all will be fine without me, you already were weren't you?" Lex said softly. For once she was making a mature decision, and she planned to follow through with it. This was unlike any stress she's had before. She's always had to work around things on her own, or with the help of temporary people. Having to navigate around a whole group was daunting.

"I just want to give you that chance." Minho sniffled.

"I know Minho, but for some things... You just have to let it be."

Minho hugged her so tightly that Lex couldn't think of it as anything other than genuine. Lex closed her eyes and hugged him back, and suddenly it felt like when they were teenagers again, clinging on to each other during their adolescence. Deep down, their inner child still yearned for the same thing. Family.

~

Felix sat crossed leg on Jisung's bed while the other man sat in his desk chair, sketching a cartoon charter Felix couldn't recognise. The man was deep in thought, scrawling away on his paper. It was common for Felix to waltz into their room, generally enjoying hanging out with Minho and Jisung when they weren't busy doing their own thing. But tonight was different.

"Han?" Felix said, trying to grab his attention. Jisung hummed in response to indicate he was listening. Felix uncrossed his legs. "Are you okay?"

Jisung glanced up from his drawing and around, widening his eyes and landing on Felix. He could've sworn he saw the cogs turning in Jisung's head. There was a lot on his mind, he could tell.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine, why?" He responded unconvincingly. Felix scoffed, knowing he was lying. He had come into Jisung's room to accompany him while Minho was gone and to check up on him. His attempt to approach Hyunjin was met by his fierce demeanour, and so he left him alone, choosing to bother Jisung instead.

"You are? I know when you're lying, you know." Felix said, tilting his head, though he was fibbing a bit himself. He was teasing him of course, knowing what effect Minho's name had on him.

"What, how?" Jisung's eyebrows furrowed.

"Your eyes dart around a bit and your mouth becomes small. According to Minho anyway." Felix explained, shrugging. He smirked at Jisung's widened eyes.

"Minho told you that?" Jisung asked, maybe even with a little excitement. Felix found it funny that he missed the point and chose to acknowledge a smaller detail. Still, he was dodging the question.

"Not even the point of what I was saying." Felix rolled his eyes playfully. "Wanna talk about what's wrong?"

Jisung stared at him, contemplating whether he wanted to confide in him. After a moment, he sighed and dropped the pencil. Of course he wasn't okay, not with what's currently going on. Sides were being picked and there didn't seem to be a good outcome for either.

"Okay, you're right. I'm worried about the future of our gang. There's so much tension in the air that I can taste it." Jisung sighed, shaking his head. "On top of that, I'm worried about Minho. It's becoming stressful for the rest of us but I know he's under pressure with trying to please both sides."

Felix paused, comprehending his words. It all made sense, partially what he was thinking himself and had expected. The blonde man slid off the bed to his feet to stand behind Jisung. He placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.