Y/m/n: Morning, Y/nieee...

My mom beamed brightly.

Y/n: Morning, mom. 

I replied with a smile taking my seat on the table.

Dining room/ Kitchen

Y/m/n: So... excited for the first day? 

My mom said to break the silence.

Y/n: Hmmm.. 

I said nonchalantly munching food.

Y/m/n: Woah.., what a great daughter I have. Girl, you literally topped in the whole city in entrance exam and got into the best medical university still not excited? 

She said dramatically.

Y/n: *chuckles* Are you really my mom? Because you clearly don't behave like one.

Y/m/n: Here, other children want their moms to be frank with them and she is.. just impossible 

Mom said wiping her fake tears.

I just shook my head in disbelief and continued eating my breakfast. 

Y/n: Btw mom, when are you getting me a car?

Y/n/m: When you pass your driving test and get a license.

Y/n: Ughhh, why do we need a stupid license to drive car..? Can't we just drive it without it?

I whined.

Y/n/m: Sure you can. But don't call me if you crush half of the crowd under your car and police arrests you for mass murder and driving without a license.

I just looked at her in disbelief. 

"How is she so sassy?" I thought.

Y/n: No wonder I am your daughter.

Y/n/m: *pauses* Of course, you are. *smiles nervously*

I was quick to notice the change in mood but for sake of it, shrugged it off.

Y/n: So, are you gonna drop me off or should I take a bus?

Y/n/m: Of course I am gonna drop you off. But you can come back by bus to get familiar with the route.

Y/n: Great, I am waiting for you near the car.

She nodded and I went towards the couch to grab my bag and walked out of the door near the car. She came out 5 minutes later and then we drove off to my new college.