────── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ──────

Meanwhile... You were being held in the middle of traffic. The taxi you were in wasn't even able to move the slightest bit. The traffic congestion at the competition was so bad since everyone was rushing to see the semi-finals.

Karasuno vs Aoba Johsai. It was the most anticipated match, because Karasuno, the fallen powerhouse suddenly came back, stronger than ever. You heard from Oikawa that there were two first years who were like monsters. He mentioned that one was his old middle school teammate. Something like Tobio-chan or something? You couldn't help but imagine them as the monsters from Monster Inc.

"Well, I'm sorry, miss. It looks like there's no way from here onwards," The driver of the taxi turned back, informing you. You bit your lower lip in anxiousness and checked the time in front. It was already ten. The match started already ten minutes ago, but you were still stuck in a traffic jam.

Shit, you even promised Oikawa that you would surely come and that you would cheer for him. But with this situation now, what could you do to arrive there without being late? It was nerve-racking, you didn't know what to do. Text Oikawa that you couldn't arrive? But that would just end up hurting him since a promise was a promise.

However, there was an idea in the back of your head, but you weren't sure if you would make it in time or not. Volleyball matches ended quickly unless the two teams were reluctant to give up.  You took a peek at the time again and was in deep thought for a while.

Then, you came up with a conclusion. There was a little light of hope that you might be able to arrive there on time before the competition ended. "Sir, take the money and there is no need for change. Thank you!" You smiled politely, handing the money to the puzzled driver before blasting out of the taxi with your bag in hand.

You quickly rushed to the pavement to prevent any accidents from occurring. Turning on your phone, you went to search for directions to the venue. The sweltering weather was already causing a few drops of sweat to trail down your forehead, but you didn't mind. You focused on your main task first.

"Damn you, Oikawa!"

You ran. Not bothering about the weird stares.

You ran. To where Oikawa was.

────── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ──────

Oikawa decided that it was the truth. That you weren't coming after all. But why did he still hold on to that last bit of hope? He was so confident and sure that you would come, but his eyes trailing along with the crowd, he didn't see the girl he waited so impatiently for. Yet, he still waited. Every jump serve he did, every break they had gotten, his eyes would instantly shift to the crowd in an attempt to spot you cheering for him.

But there was no one. No familiar smiles that managed to light up his day effortlessly. They were already approaching the end of the first set, and it looked like everything was going well to Karasuno's. Perhaps, the Gods were cursing him today too. Along with his teammates.