Chapter 10

Michael hummed to herself as she sat in the basement hosting her own solo studio session

Michael hummed to herself as she sat in the basement hosting her own solo studio session. She typed lyrics out on her laptop as a beat played through the speakers. While Daylen was at school and Derek was away dealing with basketball responsibilities, she spent her alone time creating.

After letting some anger out the previous week while cooking lunch, and partially through preparing dinner later that evening, she thought a better outlet for her would be with the music.

Also, Derek mentioned the possibility of starting to hide the knives from her.

So the music was where she went and it was therapeutic in the best way.

Her moment of zen was cut off by the sound of her laptop ringing, indicating an incoming Facetime call from Tyrone, which made her smile. He, of course, reached out through text to check up after the whole Jada and Raya tag team, but they had yet to catch up since the last time he was in Detroit.

"Hey." She answered the call with a smile.

"Hey girl, what's going on?"

"Nothing, just tryna write some hits." She joked. "What about you? You're still in New York, right?"

"Yeah, I am. I have a free day from filming, so I'm just calling everybody, bragging and shit."

Michael let out a happy laugh at his words. "As you should."

"Thank you, thank you." He smiled through the screen. "But ain't nothing new is going on just trying not to mess up."

"Oh shut up, I bet you're doing incredible. You got this."

"I'mma try. But what about you? You talk to Fox yet?"

At the sound of the now-forgotten potential job opportunity, Michael froze. She thought about it on and off for a couple days, but it slipped her mind as more timewent on. And her mind was a little preoccupied with getting a grip on her emotions when it came to the anger she felt towards Raya and Jada.

Michael sighed. "There's been so much going on with taking care of the boys and the house. And obviously the media and shit."

"Michael, you better call and get that check. I'm being dead ass." He spoke with a playful sternness.

"It just doesn't seem like the right time for me."

"It's not gonna hurt you to take the meeting. We both know you like helping other people more than you like helping yourself. And- why is my ass still tryna manage you?" Ty cut himself off as he realized what he was doing, making the two of them laugh.

"I get it, and I'll seriously consider it. I just have a lot on my mind right now."

"Does that include how you're gonna get even with Raya and Jada?" He asked knowingly.