Chapter 9

Raya let out a breath as she set down her coffee mug on the kitchen island, trying not to feed into her desire to be dramatic

Raya let out a breath as she set down her coffee mug on the kitchen island, trying not to feed into her desire to be dramatic. She was home alone. Chance was overseas in Europe doing a few concerts, and she, unfortunately, couldn't go with him due to her packed schedule.

It just felt weird for Raya to be in his house without him. The space felt two times bigger, and she often found her mind thinking about what he might be up to rather than focusing on the many different tasks she was doing.

Her life currently consisted of traveling around the U.S doing press. She had been telling the media of her endeavors outside of music that took up her time for the past few years. And, of course, she also hyped up her upcoming album and new single.

The new era of Raya was the truth. She wasn't censoring herself and was willing to let everyone see every side of her, sides they'd never seen. She was smart about it too, knowing how to play the game. She was well aware of what it took to be popular and successful and was more than confident she could reign supreme if she kept things going the way they were. No matter what her music contained, it was all about strategy and numbers.

Her interviews were catching buzz online because she spoke on her relationships with her ex-group members, her relationship with Chance, and teased collabs. And the public was eating up her every word and anything else she threw their way.

Her first single set a standard above what anyone expected and left everyone anticipating her next move and what was yet to come. She was topping the charts and basking in her victory. She knew the music scene missed her, and this was all the confirmation she needed.

Raya got distracted from checking her Instagram comments by an incoming call. The corner of her lips turned downwards, seeing that it wasn't her boyfriend. It was Kylie.

"Yes, Kylie?" She answered with a disapproving sigh.

"Morning, Raya." The girl responded back in a cheerful attitude, completely ignoring her boss' sass.

"Everything's all set for today, right?" Raya rose from her seat, placing her coffee mug in the sink.

"Of course, I'll be by the house in thirty so we could get to our first location. I'm also gonna email you about the different video treatments the director sent me for the next single. I think you'll like the second one."

The mission of the day was to get the shots needed for her album cover and art for the physical copies. And before they could even start bringing that to life, they were already ten steps ahead and planning for the next single, which was still under wraps.

"Is it everything I wanted?" Raya asked as she started walking up to the bedroom to get dressed.

"Not exactly, but he really took an innovative app-"

"Then I won't like it." Raya firmly stated with a roll of her eyes. "I want my vision to be my vision. All he needs to do is tell people how to point the camera. Do I even have to do that shit myself now?"