Chapter 2

Raya stood at the end of Chance's dining room table while Kylie sat in front of her, going over Raya's schedule for the next two weeks

Raya stood at the end of Chance's dining room table while Kylie sat in front of her, going over Raya's schedule for the next two weeks. "Cancel that." She spoke after hearing about a meeting for an endorsement deal.

"Why?" Kylie questioned, a bit confused on why she would want to turn down such a good offer.

"Because I'm one thousand percent focused on my music right now. And just put it off for a couple months, if the offer is even worth it like that." She expressed. "You get me that meeting with Janet? She's been trying to dodge me."

"She's booked up today, but her assistant, Macy, mentioned she's not leaving the building until around 2pm, so you can probably just do your thing and pop up."

"Perfect." She smiled. "Did you book the jet for Thanksgiving? Chance and I are going to his parents."

Kylie nodded as she jotted down a good excuse to get Raya out of the meeting she no longer felt like attending.

"Did you?" Raya asked once more, raising her voice slightly, making Kylie's head snap up.

"Oh, yes. Yeah, I did. You're flying out the 23rd, and Chance said no hotel, so I didn't book one."

"He said no-"

"I can book one." Kylie offered in an instant.

To say that Kylie had to be walking on thin ice around Raya as of late would be an understatement. It was like Raya was a whole different person, being bossy, demanding, and expectant. When she was focused on doing something, nothing could stand in her way. Raya was hell-bent on making her solo debut beyond successful and claiming that top spot with no mercy.

And the pressure she was giving Kylie to get everything right was just keeping her on high alert at all times. The last thing she wanted to do was wind up unemployed if she was the one who caused volcano Raya to erupt.

Raya shook her head. "No, I just gotta talk to Chance. He knows his mother's not my biggest fan, and that's just one of his stupid ass tactics to get me to kiss her ass. It's fine."

"Oh, and you have a studio session in West Hollywood tonight. The label set it up."

"With who?"

"The same guy who produced that Julianna track that went number one last month."        

"Ehh." Raya let out as she thought about the song that was still charting and getting heavy radio play. "We'll see what he's working with. Thanks, Kylie. You can go."

Kylie swiftly started to pack her things. "If you need me, just call me. I hope things with Janet go well."

"We'll meet up tomorrow for lunch. I'll pick you up."

"Okay."

"You're the best!" Raya called after her as she made her exit.

Once she heard the front door close, she slammed herself down in a chair, letting out a tired huff.