Chapter 4: Playing Together

Start from the beginning

"Aw, that's nice, how are you and Aidan?"

"We're good. Since he's also retired, we've been spending more time together. He even asks of Micah sometimes and how he is doing, and if I know what happened to him."

"Oh did you say anything?"

"I merely shrug. I mean, it's not my business to say if Micah wants to cut him off."

"Yeah, that is true." Mariana nodded in agreement. Ever since she and Micah got married, he has never been happier.

"So where is he now?"

"I think he went to the shops." Crystal then glanced up at the clock. "In fact, he should be coming home soon."

"Oh okay, we better go." Mariana got up and went over to Crystal. "Bye Mom, see you later." She bent down and hugged her.

"Bye, sweetie!" Crystal hugged her back.

"Come on Elisa and Axel; it's time to go. Say bye to Ita and Tià."

"Bye!" Elisa and Axel ran frantically and gave them a big hug.

"Bye my babies see you tomorrow," Crystal gave them each a big kiss on the cheek.

"See you!" Mylah exclaimed.

Her kids followed Mariana out of the building to her car. She strapped Elisa and Axel as they fidgeted about. Then she got in and twisted the key into the ignition.

"Ready to go guys?" Mariana asked as she started pulling out of the parking lot.

"Yeah!" Elisa exclaimed joyfully and stretched out her arms.

Mariana chuckled and then turned the mirror to face Axel. He was busy playing with some Legos that were stuck together and a squishy ball. She smiled as he was already entertained.

"So tell me everything that you did at Ita's house," she said, her eyes facing the road. She made a habit of asking this question so if they were entrusted in someone's else care or if they were far away from her. She wanted to encourage good communication so that in the future they may be able to tell her anything that happens to them.

"Good! Ita got ice cream and we shopping and swimming!" Elisa started giggling.

"Aw sounds like you had a fun time. Are you hungry?"

"Ita made chicken nooles that were yummy."

"Nooles? Do you mean chicken noodles?"

"Yeah," Elisa merely said, glancing keenly at the window. She put her feet up while fiddling with her hoodie.

"So your full up then? You don't want any food?"

"Yeah, but Axel want more."

"True." Mariana started laughing because Axel did eat a lot and devoured all his meals, which she was happy with.

Mariana continued driving and looked at the restaurants that had their doors opened and people dining inside, having a good time. She imagined that to be her Micah, having his own place and his own staff, his own food and people eating there. It would be a dream come true for him.

She then passed a local playground where young children were playing together. Since the day was still young, she wanted them to have a little play before they went home.

"Do you two want to go to that playground for a little bit?" She asked, turning to them.

"Okay!" Elisa exclaimed. She pasted her face to the window, staring longingly at the other kids. And their delighted giggles flowed through the open window.