You wondered how people could even receive Oikawa's serves. That shit could blast your arms off to Neptune before you could react.

"Who? Oikawa?" You turned your head towards the captain, who was already high up in the air. Then, using all his force and strength, the ball was sent flying to the other side of the court, a loud smack echoing through the nearly empty court.

As an instinct, you flinched back a little, expression holding one that was similar to in pain. Iwaizumi nodded, showing no reaction to the volleyball serve that seemed more like a spike instead. Of course, he had been playing volleyball with Oikawa for so long that he was already used to it.

Arms crossed, he released a deep sigh, "Sometimes, he just doesn't know when to stop." Before you could reply anything, Iwaizumi already walked himself to the court and was ready to yell at Oikawa to stop.

"Oi, Shittykawa, it's time to rest!" However, despite this, Oikawa was still adamant to practice more and more. It wasn't enough. He needed to practice more, or else the team would fail to win past Shiratorizawa, just like the past competitions... They were always suffering when dealing with the owl-themed school, always so close to gripping the chance to Nationals...

"Just one more, Iwa-chan! Hold up!" The brunet grabbed another volleyball that rolled nearby his feet. Witnessing this scene, and remembering what Iwaizumi told you, you instantly hopped on your feet, approaching Oikawa who insisted on the last serve of the day.

Iwaizumi protested, his hand reached out to prevent Oikawa from serving again because exhaustion was evident in the latter's eyes. "Shittykawa, I swear to God, stop being so stubbo-"

Smack.

As if the Gods were cursing Oikawa on this very day, you watched in horror as Oikawa ended up missing the ball with just a one-inch distance between his fingers and the ball up in the air. He landed on one leg at a weird angle, appearing to be twisted. With a thud, his back met with the clean floor as his expression morphed into great affliction. 

"OIKAWA!"

"S-Shit..."

"GET A MEDIC, QUICK!"

────── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ──────

Closing the door behind you, you took quiet steps to the brunet who was laying on the infirmary bed. You were worried that he was asleep, and you didn't want to disturb him.

However, that thought was deleted as soon as you heard a soft voice calling out to you, "Y/N? Is that you?" Hearing that voice, you were startled for a second there, like a deer caught in the headlights. You walked towards the direction of the beds, and your heart pained at the sight of Oikawa looking so gloomy and sad on the bed.