Twenty:Nine- Chi Chi & Ken.

C H I O M A "CHI CHI"ONE am

C H I O M A
"CHI CHI"
ONE am

The ride to his house was unbearably silent

The ride to his house was unbearably silent. The only sound came from the wind whipping by as he raced past the other cars. Every few minutes or so I'd turn to look at him, admiring those sharp and prominent features that decorated his handsome face. I'd work up the nerve to say something, but nothing would come out. I had so many questions. Where had he been? How long was he staying— was he back for good? There was so much I wanted to say. I wanted to tell him that I missed him— tell him not to leave me again, but I couldn't. How could I?

I couldn't make him give me answers. I couldn't demand him to do anything. We weren't together— I wasn't his girl. We were just two people who were sexually compatible, with absolutely nothing else in common. The more I thought on it, the more I realized that I'd been over analyzing the nature of our relationship all along. Maybe Bri was right.

"If you need to get some shit off ya chest, do it." His deep baritone echoed in my ears as he glanced at me briefly. "Once I get out this car, I ain't speaking on shit."

"I— I don't even know where to start." I sighed before continuing. "What are we doing, Harlem? I mean, besides fucking, what are we doing?"

"You just said it— we fuckin."

"And that's it?"

"That ain't good enough for you?" We were stopped at a red light and I now had his undivided attention. Our eyes locked and his stare was menacing.

"It's not that, I just.. I wanna know if—"

"Look, we been at this for a lil minute and you ain't never questioned this shit before. I'm wit you and you wit me— simple as that."

"But it isn't that simple!"

"You talkin' in circles, Chi and you know I fuckin' hate that shit. Just say what the fuck you gotta say. You of all people know that I ain't wit the mind games and beating around the bush. So why don't you stop wasting my fuckin' time and tell me what's really good."

I tried my hardest to hold them back, but tears were escaping from my eyes before I could stop them. Damn pregnancy hormones. Harlem glanced over at me and his face softened, only slightly.