Twenty:Two- Chi Chi, Harlem & Ky.

C H I O M A
TWO DAYS LATER
ELEVEN pm

Work out, Work outI broke up wit her, It ain't work outWork out

Work out, Work out
I broke up wit her, It ain't work out
Work out

The men were going crazy as I shook my ass to Wale's hit song Poledancer. The building was packed tonight and that meant more money for me. My rent was due tomorrow and I was grateful that Max had given me an extension. He was my landlord's son and he typically went easy on me whenever I was late paying. With my school expenses piling up along with the rent that I was paying for my booth at the hair salon I worked at, it wasn't hard to forget about some things. I had so much on my plate, but it would all be over soon. The sooner I graduated, the faster I could get a nice paying job— one that didn't involve me shaking my ass for a bunch of strangers. I was more than ready to get away from this club.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes when I felt a hand caressing my ass. There was a no touch policy when the dancers were on stage but these horny ass men never followed that rule. I guess I shouldn't complain. The guy who'd palmed my ass, slipped a fifty dollar bill into my thong. I gave him a light smile and a wink before picking up as much money as my hands could carry and walking off. I didn't even turn around to see his reaction.

I stepped off the stage in my six inch platform heels as the next dancer prepared to go on for her set. Walking down the hallway, I locked eyes with Remy and she came over to me with a smirk playing on her face.

"I see you ain't do half bad tonight, Chi." She said, pointing to all the money in my hands.

"Just trying to stack up my coins so I can get the hell out of here." I shrugged and she laughed, making her way past me.

"Good luck with that, love." She turned back around to address me again. "Ya boyfriend is here, by the way." She winked.

"My boyfriend?"

"Yeah, the nigga that shot this bitch up not too long ago." She stepped closer to me. "Listen, we just got them damn cops off our back— that's why we was able to open back up so soon. Now, if that nigga does anything to jeopardize my place of business again, that's your ass!"

"Why is that on me?" I gave her a confused look.

"Girl, that nigga rarely came into this damn club before you fucked him in that Champagne Room! Now all of a sudden, ole boy pops up damn near every week. Clearly, you got a real dedicated customer and with that being the case, he's your responsibility!" She said. "Keep your eye on his ass, you understand?"

"Alright." I didn't even wanna argue. She gave me a head nod before we both went our separate ways.

When I made it to the locker room, a few of the other dancers were lounging around, smoking and gossiping. I took a seat at my vanity and dropped all my cash on the counter so I could count it.