9- Edric's POV

I sit in my room, talking to Emira, who is helping me cover some of the hickies Hunter gave me yesterday. "So his Uncle is abusive?" She asks. "He said he mentally abuses him... And has hit him a couple times. And he also has to deal with Emporer Belos, with his job being the Golden Guard too." I say. She hesitates, then keeps applying makeup to my hickies. "What?" I ask.

She sighs and looks at me desperately. "Look, Ed. I don't know if Hunter was ever planning on telling you, but Luz and him had teamed up one time and had a conversation." Emira says. I'm confused. "What does Luz have to do with this?" I ask. "Hunter told her things. Like about his Uncle..." Emira says, studying my face carefully. I nod, encouraging her to go on. "His Uncle... his Uncle is Belos." Emira says carefully.

I freeze. "Oh..." I say. She sighs and puts the makeup away, walking out. I stare into space, processing. He lied to me.

He always talked about Belos and his Uncle as if they were two seperate people. Like as if Belos was work, and when he got home, his Uncle was family.

There's a knock on my door, then its opened. "Hey, Emira said I could find you in here.We need to talk about something." I hear a familiar voice say. I turn my head and see Hunter standing there, beautiful as always. But something about his beauty is tainted. I can tell he's guitly.

He sits on my bed, looking at the ground for a minute. "Spit it out." I say, a little harsher than I mean to. He looks up, his expression wounded. "Its about my Uncle." He says, looking down, an expression of pain on his face. "You mean Belos?" I say coldly. I don't know why I'm so angry about it. Maybe because he lied to me... multiple times...

He winces. "Yeah... Luz told you?" He asks quietly. "No, Emira." I say, crossing my arms, leaning back in my chair. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I was scared." He says.

Fury floods through me that though I'm mad, he can still be so attractive. "Scared of what?! Why would you be scared?! If you thought I would start hating you because of something like that, you don't know me at all!" I yell, standing up out of my chair.

He stands too, looking angry and hurt. "I do know you! But every person who has ever known who my Uncle is has treated me different since knowing! Every friend I made as a child left me alone because I was his nephew and they were scared of me! They thought I was like him! I just didn't want you thinking the same thing!" He yells back, tearing up.

I stare at him, not knowing what to say. "Yeah well... you didn't have to lie!!"I say wounded. "What the hell else was I supposed to do, Edric?! No one listens to me after finding out who I am! I figured if I could play them as two different people for you, saying Belos is my boss... you would listen to me..." he says, starting to cry. "Hunter.." I say as he crumples to the ground, holding his chest.

I approach him slowly, resting my hand on his shoulder, pulling him into my chest. He cries harder, hugging me tightly. "Shhh, you'll be okay baby." I say, kissing the top of his head, my anger vanishing.