14- Eda's POV

"Hooty! Shut up!" I say, hearing him blabbing to some poor soul outside the door. King answers ths door and is quiet for a moment. I'm about to ask who it is when he yells "Eda, Raine, Eda!! Its a Guard!" I grab my glyphs, running to defend the Owl House, and I see Hunter standing there, looking confused. "Oh, its you." I say, putting down my glyphs, and I hear Raine put down their violin.

"Yeah, um.. I'm looking for Luz." The Golden Guard says, glancing back at Raine. "She's not here, she's with her girlfriend." I say. "Amity?" He asks, and I nod, closing the door in his face.

Raine picks up their violin off the couch, putting it back in it's case. "You know, he seems to trying to get better." They say, setting their violin case down gently. "I know, but you never know how much a person can go back to their ways after 'changing' ". I say, sitting on the couch. They sit down next to me. "Lilith changed, didn't she?" They ask.

"Well... that's different." I say, looking them in the eyes. "Is it? I mean, Lilith used to be a part of the Emporer's Coven. Now she isn't. Hunter could end up being the same." Thsy say with a shrug. I sigh, and lean into them, and they wrap their arms around me gently. "I just dont want Luz getting hurt." I say, and they kiss the top of my head. "I know, Eda. And she won't. If Hunter hurts her, we'll deal with him together." They say. I nod.

Ever since Raine has moved in, its been a lot easier to calm down. They really do help. I look up at them and kiss them lightly. "Thank you." I say quietly. "For what?" Theu ask, looking confused. "Just for being here." I say, closing my eyes sleepily.