16- Edric's POV

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING: Cutting⚠️

Hunter sleeps in my lap, breathing peacefully. I slowly slide my legs from under his head and kiss his forehead lightly. I go back to my desk and grab my knife. I want to unsheath it, and tear apart my skin with it. Destroy myself. I would simply... fall to the floor in pieces. I look back at Hunter, my Golden Guard, fast asleep. He wouldn't notice if I did anything. I slowly unsheath my blade, and hold it againsty wrist. I could.... I want to so badly... I want to so bad that it feels like a physical pain.

I long for the sting, the piercing blade across my wrist. I grip the knife's handle tightly, slicing my wrist open violently with a loud slice. I feel a pain that overcomes my emotions, and blood trickles down my arm, dripping at a quick pace onto the floor. I yell, collapsing onto my knees. Hunter sits up, and starts to crawl off the bed. "I'm fine! Just... stubbed my toe. Go back to sleep, hun." I say, smiling back at him, fighting back a grimace. He doesn't buy it and runs over to me.

He quickly assesses the situation, and grabs the bandages. "Just let it bleed." I say, but let him wrap up my wrist. I don't have the energy to fight him. A lot of blood spilled onto the floor. He looks at me, pale. "Edric Blight. You could have died." He whispers, grabbing my cheeks in his hands. "That's... kind of the point, Hunter." I whimper, tears joining in my eyes. I smile, trying to chase away the tears. Maybe next time... maybe next time I'll bleed dry.

He kisses my forehead lovingly. "You can't die." He whispers, picking up, and carrying me to bed. "Why? Its not like anyone needs me." I grumble. He sits next to me. "I do." He whispers. "No you don't!" I scoff, smiling. "You're the Golden Guard. You don't need me! You have everything. A palace, Luz, my sister... Everyone is giving you chances, and they all like you. But me-" my voice breaks, and I smile sadly, "-no cares about good ol' Edric. I'm just here, along for the ride." I chuckle, tears falling down my cheeks.

"You're just as much 'along for the ride' as I am. I have no clue what I'm doing, Ed. I don't know how to make friends, or be nice to people. Its hard. But with you by my side- I know I'm not alone." He whispers, pulling me into a hug. "And you aren't alone either. You have me." He says, kissing the top of my head. "I'm sorry, Hunter..." I whisper. I am sorry. I'm sorry I have to be this disappointing. I'm sorry for him...because he's here... with me... I know this can't be easy for him to be with someone...weak. Like me. And I'm sorry...for this...

"Hunter... I don't think that...we should... stay together." I say, pulling away reluctantly from his hug. "Edric, what are you talking about?" " i think you need someone... healthier... for you. Someone who doesn't have cripplibg mental health problems." I say, looking at the bed. I wish... I could rewind this moment and forget I had said this. Forget this and just be weak, and just stay with him, forever like I want. But I can't... I'm not good for him.

He grabs my hands, and I pull them away. "I'm not healthy for you to be around, Hunter." I say firmly. His expression is wiped into a painful one, his eyes watering. "Ed... stop. Don't do this." He whispers. I feel tears well in my own eyes. I realize if I'm going to go through with this... I can't bd strong much longer... he has to leave. "Leave." I say, my voice breaking. He stares at me, dibeleif in his expression. "Ed-"
"Leave!" I yell, regretting it immediately. He nods, getting up and walking away from my bed. He looks at me, putting his hand on the door knob. "Don't make me leave Ed..." he whispers, and I look away. He sighs, and runs out of the room, slamming the door. My eyes widen as it hits me like a train what I just did... I got rid of the best thing in my life.

"Hunter...don't go." I whisper, collapsing on the floor.

To be continued...