13- Edric's POV

TW– Talk of suicide attempts, cutting, and suicidal thoughts.

I sit on my bed, waiting for Hunter, but not expecting much. I know it was only because of his Uncle that he wasn't around, but... it was hard for me.

I look at the time. He'll be here soon. I look over at the knife on my desk again. My wrists have been stinging for the past month because of it. I take off my favorite long-sleeved shirt, looking in my mirror, examining all the cuts that travel from my wrists, all the way up and down my arms. I sigh, turning my arms this way and that to see them. I look in my mirror again, and see Hunter standing by my open door. I hadn't even noticed him come in.

I whip around and his eyes widen more as he examines all the cuts. I quickly grab my shirt, slipping it on quickly. He sighs shakily, walking over to me. "Edric... what the fuck happened?" He asks, his voice breaking, grabbing my hand gently. I look at my feet. He waits for me to answer, tilting my chin up, looking at me with a concerned expression.

I glance over at my desk, and he looks too, seeing the knife. He looks back at me slowly, taking a moment to understand. When he does, he wraps his arms around my ribs, rubbing my back. "Edric I'm so sorry." He says kissing my neck lightly. I hug him back, not saying anything so that I don't cry.

We sit on my bed and he makes me tell him everything. "What I want to know is why." He says, looking at me directly in my eyes. I hesitate, playing with his fingers. "I didn't wanna be here.." I say quietly, afraid he'll leave. Instead, he pulls me closer to him, resting my head on his chest. "Why?" He whispers. "I just... didn't want to be here. But no one else can know." I say quietly.

We sit in silence, him hugging my comfortingly, and I'm listening to his heartbeat. "Do you want to be alone or do you want me to stay?" He asks quietly. I look at his expression, and he looks concerned. I sigh, laying down, pulling him next to me. "Please don't leave." I whisper, wrapping my arms around him (slightly painfully, I think I feel a couple cuts open again). He nods, kissing the top of my head. I sigh, closing my eyes, and breathing in the smell of him. It calms me to the point where I'm able to fall asleep the easiest I've been able to in two months.