Witch Shit

When you lived in Shadyside, there was no escaping it. Whether you believed it or not, it was undeniable, in a sense, Sarah's grip truly held firm upon their land. And they're minds.

But today, today it was the school lunchrooms. The walls dripped red with spray paint, screaming the words everyone already knew. BEFORE THE WITCH'S FINAL BREATH, SHE FOUND A WAY TO CHEAT HER DEATH, BY CUTTING OFF HER CURSED HAND, SHE KEPT HER GRIP UPON OUR LAND.

"SHE REACHES FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE" the football team roared from their lunch table, pounding on the table, clapping their hands, and whistling like it was a fucking pep rally "TO MAKE GOOD MEN HER WICKED SLAVE" in Celeste's opinion, good men should've been an oxymoron

Celeste held her lunch tray as she walked through the tables, sliding into a seat at a table with Joan and Gary "She'll take your blood!" Joan and Gary laughed, chanting along with everyone "She'll take your head!" they sang

"SHE'LL FOLLOW YOU UNTIL YOUR DEAD" they all screamed, Celeste just kept her head down, pushing around the mush of peas on her tray

The lunchroom quieted down as everyone went back to their separate conversations, although it was still considerably loud "you guys shouldn't say that fucking shit, people have died"

"Oh cmon Celeste" Joan laughed, elbowing Gary "It's just like fucked up Shadyside labor day"

"We're remembering our fallen" Gary joked, saluting the sky

"You guys are celebrating the anniversary of seven people being murdered, you're making a mockery of a tragedy" Celeste took an aggressive bite of her sandwich "Ruby lane was just a sad piece of trash like the rest of us, who snapped just like all the other killers, it's not some dead witch, and it's not okay to be celebrating the day Ruby killed herself and her friends"

"Calm down man, what's got you so riled up?" Gary held up his hands in defeat

Celeste shook her head "nothing, it's just nothing"

"Hey," Joan said softly, kicking Celeste's leg to get her attention "just because both you and Ruby are the town rejects doesn't mean you're going to go crazy too"

"That's not what I was thinking about" Celeste snapped, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, but either way, it made Celeste feel no better

Joan sighed "okay then," she put her elbows on the table and rested her chin in her hands "does it maybe have to do with a certain loose-lipped brunette?"

"Shut up Jo or I swear to god" Celeste snarled, glaring at Joan, who sat there with a smirk on her face

Gary's eyebrows shot up "wait, wait, what's going on?"

Celeste held Joan's eye contact "Don't you dare say anything"

Smirking, Joan teasingly turned to Gary "oh, haven't you heard" Celeste could feel her cheeks heating up "Stel has a big fat crush on a certain stuck-up snitch"

Celeste kicked Joan from under the table, and although Joan didn't give a name specifically, the word snitch was enough. Gary's mouth fell open, chuckling as he turned to Celeste "you have a crush on Cindy Berman! Oh I knew you two were acting way too friendly in chemistry"

"Shut up, shut up, shut it, stop immediately" Celeste kicked both her friends from u see the table, flustered at the fact that her friends just continued teasing her