Do you Remember?

The sun had fallen from the sky, leaving everything a lovely periwinkle. Celeste had a shift at the diner from 4 pm to 10 pm, she had tried to tell Cindy that they should just skip their study session this week, but that girl was stubborn. Almost as stubborn as Celeste. So, for the past three hours, Cindy had sat at the counter with her head in a chemistry book, and she had brought one for Celeste to read whenever she had the chance.

Goodie.

The dinner rush had just finished, and the cook had gone out for her break. She'd be at least thirty minutes. Disappearing into the kitchen for a few minutes, Cindy stopped paying attention to her book, waiting for the girl to return. Celeste appear again, her hair messily thrown up, although it didn't do much for keeping the hair out of her face. Light sweat created a sheen on her forehead, her low-cut shirt, and that short, short skirt, Cindy wanted to just lay her head down and let herself melt into the floor. Oh to be so effortlessly stunning, Cindy wished she looked like that.

In her hand, Celeste held a small plate with a piece of pumpkin pie sitting on top. She placed it in front of Cindy, who eyed it weirdly "Uh"

"This is the only thing in this place that won't take thirty years off your life, and you need to eat something, so" She pulled out a mug and poured coffee into it swiftly "There you go" She stated, sounding tired

"Thanks," Cindy mumbled, putting down her book. She was starting to have an idea of what they should do for their final project, she just needed to figure out how to do it. Gingerly picking up the spoon, Celeste's eyes reminded on Cindy as she took the smallest bite known to mankind

The brunette took a second to deliberate "It's... not that bad" Cindy chuckled, looking relieved that she hadn't just poisoned her body

Smacking the counter like it was a drum, Celeste grin, taking a small curtsy "ta daaaa" She laughed quietly to herself, then shuffled backwards, pushing herself up onto the back counter, swinging her legs around

"How much is this?" Cindy asked

Celeste rolled her eyes "it's on the house, you dork"

Cindy blushed "I don't want you to get in trouble"

"Nah, don't worry about it, I'll just say it went rotten" The twilight of the night looked good on Celeste, like she was more herself "Plus, your basically doing our entire project for me, so, it's the least I can do"

Cindy shook her head, taking another bite of her pie, she was about halfway through it "It's not that hard anyway" Her mouth was slightly full when she said it, and usually it would've annoyed the crap out of Celeste, but when Cindy did it, she felt the exact opposite. It seemed like every day that passed made it more clear that Joan was right. The lavender and honey had wiggled its way into Celeste's heart, and it made her feel so amazing, that she never wanted to let it go.

"How much money do they pay you?" Cindy question, staring into Celeste's soft eyes

Celeste scoffed, "Like nothing, a dollar an hour"

"That's not even minimum wage, that's not allowed" Cindy shook her head furiously, disgusted that they would treat such an amazing worker so poor, "That's breaking the law"

"Yeah right, because the law cares so much about trash like me" Celeste sunk her fingernails into her palms, control your anger

"I much preferred tutoring Ziggy, at least that was fun"And I got to see you, she thought

Cindy took the last bite of her pie, waiting to swallow before talking again "maybe you should be a teacher" she took a sip of her coffee

"oh no fucking way, I like kids but not that much, Ziggy was just such a bright kid, it was fun to work with her" plus, there was you, and you might be the most perfect person I've ever met "and, I mean I got to see you, which was fun"