twenty six

third person pov

yerin opened her bedroom door, throwing her backpack in the corner of her room, and flopping onto her bed.

she was angry, yet frustrated and annoyed, but at the same time, was happy.

"that park sunghoon playing with my heart again." she whispered to herself, with her head placed deep into her pillow.

she kept thinking about what happened just an hour ago.

< an hour ago >

"my back doesn't hurt but somewhere else does." sunghoon remarked, as he put his right hand resting on the back of his neck.

yerin worriedly replied back, "where?"

"here." sunghoon uttered back, as he quickly grabbed yerin's hand, placing it on the left side of his chest, where his heart was.

yerin made eye contact with the boy, very flustered and confused, she thought it was some scene stolen from a drama.

sunghoon leaned his face closer to yerin, making yerin feel more flustered, she was confused.

suddenly, sunghoon let out a smirk and a short chuckle, as he put his hand on yerin's head.

"your hearts beating right? i managed to make you feel excited right?" sunghoon teased, as he removed his hand off yerin's head and moved his face away from her face.

that's when it hit her, sunghoon was just playing around with her. maybe that's why he was being nice to me? so he could joke around. that's what yerin thought.

"jerk." yerin whispered silently, she normally doesn't get angry but she felt a ball of rage, she just felt excited for nothing.

yerin's response clearly shocked sunghoon, as he furrowed his eyebrows, confused, and yerin stared at him for a good two seconds, looking very mad, before walking off, away from sunghoon, to go back home as she was tired from all the duties today.

yerin only lasted a few steps until sunghoon quickly ran towards her, walking in front of her, and facing her.

sunghoon tried to make eye contact with her, but she just looked away, pissed, looking at a random wall.

"im sorry. i didn't mean to make you mad. i was just joking around." sunghoon sincerely apologised, the apology made yerin think how dumb she was to get mad over a silly joke, she didn't know why she reacted like that.

she tried not to look away and looked at sunghoon, replying back, "im sorry too, i don't know why i reacted that way."

"can i walk you home? i have something to talk to you about." sunghoon asked shyly, yerin felt quite happy, excited.

"if you want to, then sure." she replied back, with sunghoon giving a small smile.

the two went downstairs to the ground floor of the school, and exited the school together, walking yerin home.

"so, i wanted to ask you something," sunghoon uttered which caught yerin's attention, "do you want to go to camellia hill with me on the school trip? on the last day of the trip, in the morning?"

yerin was quite puzzled, she knew that camellia hill was a very romantic place, normally where couples go, since camellias symbolize love and affection.