Take Us Back (Part 4) | "The night will be over soon."

Start from the beginning

Y/n: Tenn, you have to get across!

Tenn: No! I can’t leave Minnie!

Violet: That’s not Minnie anymore, okay? Would she be trying to kill someone if she was?

Tenn: Maybe she’s not Minnie, but she is my sister!

I sighed and snuck back over to Clementine while Violet still tried to get Tenn across.

Y/n: We got AJ across, but Tenn won’t leave!

They looked over to see Tenn crouching, his hands over his head and Violet was trying to get him to jump over the gap.

Clementine: I have to stop her!

As she got up to shoot again, Minnie was already on the truck and kicked her in the face, knocking her down and making her drop her weapon. Minnie jumped down beside me, hitting me in the face as she did, making me fall to the ground beside Clementine and then swung the axe down, but we both rolled away, letting it get stuck in the wood in between us. I saw a walker grab Clem’s leg, but luckily Violet shot it with the bow and Minnie charged at her, making her fall back and drop the bow through the gap and into the water.

Minerva: You are NOT his family. 

She tried to fire her gun at Clementine, but it was out of ammo.

Minerva: You’re just one of the things in my way.

She reloads the gun, but I jumped up and grabbed it. We wrestled for the weapon and I headbutted Minnie, knocking her down. I was getting ready to shoot Minnie, hesitating for a second and then she spat blood in my face. I grimaced and my vision blurred, making me shoot blindly and miss her. I moved away as Clementine came and punched Minnie in the face, but she was ready, dodging it and bringing her axe down on the girl’s leg.

Y/n: Clementine!

I held the gun firmly in my hand and pointed it at Minnie as she raised her axe at me.

Minerva: I’m taking Tenn home. I’m going home.

Y/n: Go to hell.

I pulled the trigger and shot her in the shoulder. Dropping the axe, she stumbled backwards and into some walkers who grab her and bite her once again.

Tenn: Minnie! Minnie!

The boy ran up to Minerva as he tried to reach his arms out to her. I looked over at Violet and Clementine, seeing they were still on this side of the bridge.

Y/n: You two get across! I’ll go and get Tenn!

They both nodded and Clem got up with the help of the axe. As she reached the gap, Violet jumped across herself, standing on the other side, ready to catch her if she jumped too short. Clem threw the axe across first and then took a running jump, dropping the gun. She made it to the other side while I tried to tug Tenn across the gap.

Y/n: TENNESSEE! Move your fucking ass and get across that gap!

I heard someone pick up a gun from the other side of the bridge.

Minerva: No!

Y/n: Tenn! Please! Move!

AJ: Let him go! You’ll die if you don’t!

Y/n: I can’t! I don’t want to!

I felt tears in my eyes as I tried all my might to get him across the gap, but he wasn’t budging, he wouldn’t leave his sister. Then another gunshot sounded in the air and I turned to see AJ holding a smoking gun and beside me, Tenn held his neck, blood spewing out and he collapsed on the ground.