Done Running (Part 14) | "You made your masterpiece."

I got up from the table and was about to get to the dorms when Tenn ran up to me.

Tenn: Hey, Y/n? Can you get me Sophie’s art box from their room?

Y/n: Yeah, sure. Headed there anyway. 

Tenn: Gonna see Clementine and AJ?

Y/n: Mmhmm, gonna make sure they’re settling in okay.

Tenn: Alright, then. See you in a minute.

I waved goodbye and walked to Clementine’s and AJ’s room. I knocked on the door.

Clementine: Come in.

I opened the door and saw Clementine sitting on her bed, while AJ was drawing at the desk.

Y/n: Howdy, strangers.

AJ looked up from his drawing.

AJ: Hi, Y/n/n. I’m an artist!

Y/n: You made your masterpiece yet?

AJ: I’m working on it.

I nodded and walked over to Clementine, sitting on the other bed.

Y/n: So, sorry about Louis. He can be an oblivious idiot sometimes.

Clementine: It’s fine, I’ve met worse people.

Y/n: I haven’t. Seriously, love him and everyone, but God! He can be annoying!

Clementine chuckled at my whining.

Y/n: Oh, yeah. Just remembered. Tenn wanted something, think it’s in the closet.

I got up and reached up to the top shelf, finding there was nothing there. I turned back around, thinking, and saw AJ was using it to become an “artist”.

Y/n: Ah.

Clementine: What?

I pointed to the art box.

Y/n: That was what I was looking for.

Clementine: Oh. AJ, give it to her. It isn’t our’s.

Y/n: Nah, don’t sweat it. He can keep it to finish his drawing. Tenn can wait for a few minutes. I wanted to talk to you anyway.

Clementine blushed slightly in the candlelight.

Clementine: Do you usually compliment every new person you meet?

Y/n: Nope, only the pretty girls.

Clementine blushed even deeper. Trying to hide it, she looked around the room.

Clementine: Did someone else stay in here, you know, from before we came?

I scratched the back of my neck, nervously.

Y/n: Uh, yeah. Sophie and Minnie. Twins. They were Tenn’s sisters. Sophie was more of the artist, she’d paint stuff and tape it all over the wall and Minnie was musical, and if Violet was here she would say she was better than Louis, but she did have an amazing voice. Real bluesy. Marlon would always talk about how he would find a guitar somewhere and the two of ‘em would tour the world. That...didn’t happen, obviously. After they...afterwards, Brody and Tenn took down all the pictures. I ended up becoming closer to Tenn and am somewhat of a parent to him, I guess. It’s not a great memory...for anybody really. Especially Violet and Tenn.

Clementine: They sound like great friends.

Y/n: Mmhmm. I didn’t know them that well, but I know they were good sisters to Tenn. And Violet, she was...uh...close to Minnie.

We both ended up moving to sit on the beds.

Clementine: If you don’t mind me asking, what happened to them? Sophie and Minnie?

Y/n: They went scavenging with Marlon and Brody out past the safe zone. Didn’t make it back. It happens. Honestly, I think Violet misses someone to talk to. I get along with the boys well enough, but it can get a little too ‘bro-town’ for us. She’s not exactly like a...people person, neither am I really since the apocalypse. But I know that I sometimes come off quite full-on.

Clementine: You come off alright. I think you’re pretty cool.

I blushed slightly, caught off guard with the compliment.

Y/n: Thanks. I guess. You’re quite cool, too. Pretty as well.

Clementine sent a smile, brushing a piece of hair behind her ear. I couldn’t keep my eyes off her, and she seemed to look straight back. Both of us then get interrupted by AJ.

AJ: Hey, Clem, Y/n/n, I’m an artist now.

Clementine got off the bed to go look at the drawing, I followed.

Clementine: Not bad, kiddo.

AJ: What do you think, Y/n/n?

Y/n: You made your masterpiece, little dude.

He smiled broadly, as I sighed.

Y/n: Well, I best be off.

I picked up the art box, walking towards the door.

Y/n: Thanks again for the box, Tenn’ll appreciate it. Sweet dreams, Clem.

I shut the door, not wanting to leave the beautiful girl, but I knew I had to. I then went to give the box to Tenn before heading to bed myself.

A/n
Sup, heres another chapter. Hope you like it!