Take Us Back (Part 2) | "I need you to trust me."

Start from the beginning

Clementine: We’re never going to get out of here if you carry on being annoying.

Y/n: Annoying? Me? Never!

Her shoulders dropped, letting her hands fall to her side and she looked at me with a mock annoyed look.

Clementine: You gonna help or what?

Y/n: Sure… For a price.

She stepped forward and kissed my cheek.

Clementine: Please?

Y/n: Yeah, of course. Anything for you.

She rolled her eyes, smiling still and I took the torch from her, scraping it on the flint and it immediately set alight.

Clementine: And that’s why I love you.

Y/n: It’s not for my looks, or my personality?

Clementine: Nope. Just for your ability to light torches in caves.

Y/n: So shallow.

We both laughed and Tenn shouted from the entrance.

Tenn: Stop flirting. The walkers are getting closer so focus.

Clementine: Right. Yup.

I put my thumbs up at him while AJ looked confused.

AJ: What’s flirt… flirting?

We looked to the cave, seeing across the river that sat in the middle of it now and finding a tunnel on the other side that went deeper in.

Clementine: Alright. Okay. Good. Look, there’s another tunnel over there.

AJ: It’s too far.

Y/n: We just gotta find something to help us get across.

I pointed back down to the back of the cave, seeing a log that was trapped at the side of the river. I walked over and Clementine followed with the torch.

Clementine: If we yank that out of there, it would drift down the river and get caught in the rocks. Could work as a bridge.

Y/n: I like your thinking.

She passed the torch over to Tenn, letting me and Clementine push the log from where it was stuck and down the river, but as Clementine said it would, it got stuck halfway down by the rocks.

Clementine: Okay. We just need to go across one by one, and then we’ll move the rocks out of the way, and then I’ll take--

Behind us we turned to find Tenn getting grabbed by a walker coming into the cave and I rushed forward, pulling out my sword and decapitating it. AJ pulled Tenn back from the entrance as a walker-James stumbled into the cave, groaning just like the others.

Clementine: AJ! Y/n/n! Get back!

The boy didn’t though and still looked up at walker-James.

AJ: Look at his eyes.

Clementine: AJ!

I yanked AJ back as Clementine rushed forward, kicking walker-James in the knee. I picked up the torch and started hitting the rest of the walkers with it, lighting them all on fire. Probably not my greatest idea. But the distraction got everyone else across the river, so I limped over, trying to be as quick as possible. I jumped onto the log, balancing as I took shaky breaths, looking back to see walkers trying to follow me, but slipping back into the river. And I took one last look at walker-James before diving forward as one walker fell into the log, hitting it downstream. Clementine helped me up from the floor as I saw blood on my palms from skidding across the cave floor. I winced as I wiped them across my shirt and then we all carried along the tunnel, finding ourselves in a cavern, many different tunnels leading off of it. I placed the torch on the floor and started to look around, as did Clementine.