Broken Toys (Part 9) | "You remind me of someone I used to know."

Start from the beginning

AJ: Tenn!

Lilly: Tennessee? Did you get lost?

Y/n: Don't fucking speak to him.

Lilly took the safety off her pistol as a warning and I shut my mouth.

???: Ma'am, he wasn't alone. I've got something else to show you.

Lilly: This way.

The two raiders walked down the deck, bringing in another person. She took his walker mask and I put my head in my hands.

???: Found this in the herd.

Lilly: No wonder there were so many walkers. Must have thought you were clever, leading those walkers here. Or was that Clementine and Y/n's idea? Nothing to say?

James: You don't fucking scare me.

Lilly: Is that so?

James: You force your ways onto others. Because you're afraid. Because you're weak.

Lilly: I give my people a cause to fight for.

James: Don't listen to her, AJ. All they do is kill. It's not for a 'cause', it's--

Lilly hit him with her pistol and me and Tenn gasped.

Lilly: Nothing else...?

James: No.

Lilly: Fine. You're no use to me anyway.

I gave James a look and he shook his head, telling me not to worry about him and to worry about AJ.

Lilly: The thing about people like him, AJ, is that they're too broken to fit into a community. They won't fight for anyone but themselves. Kill it.

Y/n: No! Leave him alone! Just let him go!

One of the other raiders pointed their gun at James, but Tenn grabs it, aiming it at the raider and Lilly.

???: What the fuck?

Lilly: Easy there, Tenn.

Tenn: Don't hurt him! Just... stop hurting people! Please!

AJ: Shoot her!

Y/n: No, Tenn. Don't. There are other ways to do this.

Lilly: Why don't we all just take a breath, alright? Listen to your friend Y/n, okay, Tenn?

Tenn: Give me my friends back!

Lilly: Put down the gun.

Tenn: Let them go! All of us! Or... or else...

Lilly: Fine. Go ahead, then. Do it. Save your friends.

The lady kneeled down, putting her head against the barrel of the gun.

Lilly: That's what you came here to do, isn't it?

The boy started to sob and my blood boiled with anger at Lilly.

Lilly: Oh, I see. You came here to cry.

Y/n: Leave him alone, Lilly! Stop dragging other people into this!

Lilly: I'm not doing anything. He's the one holding the gun.

Then she grabbed it, pointing it towards Tenn.

Lilly: Well, I guess I'm doing something now. And you're not a soldier, either.

Y/n: Stop Lilly, don't do it!

James: Please, don't!

AJ: No!

AJ jumped at Lilly, grabbing her arm and biting it.

Lilly: Fuck!

The other raider aims her gun at AJ, but James and I tackled her together, making her fall. Out of nowhere, Clementine came running in, charging at Lilly and knocking her to the ground, dropping her gun. The girl tries to grab the gun, but Lilly holds her by the hair and throws her to the ground. Clementine kicks her in the knee, making the lady fall again and then Lilly grabs her throat, choking her.

Tenn: Stop!

I caught sight of Clementine being choked and my blood ran cold. I rushed over and punched Lilly in the face, making her fall back from Clem. AJ tried to grab the ladies arm again, but she elbows him away. Lilly pulled out her knife from her belt, struggling against my grip and then stabbing me in the leg. I groaned in pain and let her go, making her kick me away as I laid on the ground, Tenn ran over to me.

Y/n: Hey... oh, fuck!

I leaned down to pull the knife out, but Tenn stopped me, shaking his head.

Tenn: You can't. You'll bleed out. We're too far away from the school.

Y/n: Okay. I have an idea. If I rip a bit off my clothes and use it as bandages, will it be fine? I just need to get this damn knife out of my leg.

Tenn: Yeah, yeah.

I nodded and ripped off one of my sleeves, breathing deeply as I got ready to pull the knife out of my leg, but then the fighting stopped in front of us. Lilly had her hands up in front of AJ, him holding her gun, aiming it at her.

Lilly: AJ, wait! I give up. I will give up. Put down the gun, I'll let everyone leave. My crew and I will leave, we won't bother you anymore.

James had knocked out the other raider, throwing her gun away and slowly approached AJ.

James: AJ. She's not a threat. Lower the gun.

AJ: You weren't down there! You didn't see what she did! She cut my friend's tongue out!

Lilly: You don't have to do this. Please.

Y/n: Don't AJ! She's defenceless!

Tenn: It's a trick.

Lilly: Don't you fucking dare, AJ.

James: Just give me the gun.

Tenn: You can't let her hurt anyone else.

Lilly: I don't want to die.

Clem spoke up from lying in pain by the railings.

Clementine: Lower the gun, AJ.

AJ: Okay.

He slowly gave the gun to James, who was standing in front of him, giving a reassuring smile. Then a dagger stuck through his neck, breaking his smile and making him fall to the ground.

Y/n: NO! What the fuck!?

Clementine: James!

Lilly took the knife from James' neck and picked the gun back up.

AJ: NO!

Below us, the ship rumbled as the bomb went off, making the floor shake and the whole boat started to move.

Clementine: Shit, the bomb! AJ! Y/n!

The girl tried to get up and so did I, but we couldn't make it in time. The explosion knocked us both backwards, my head hitting the crates. My vision blurred as fire and smoke hit the air and Tenn's concerned expression appeared before me, then everything went dark.