Chapter 96: Ellie

Start from the beginning

"Me either." My chest lifted and heaved with a sigh and I dropped my arm from her.

Like most home games, Logan was nearly mauled for autographs and pictures afterwards

Like most home games, Logan was nearly mauled for autographs and pictures afterwards. I waited outside the Huskies' locker room while Mom and Dad waited for Jake, who based on Mom's text at least, was stopped by a few USC fans who also traveled or lived in the Seattle area.

Thankfully, the only female fans that I saw were truly just Husky football fans, not 'trying to get into Logan's pants' fans. In other words, not a single bleached blonde hair from Angel or Lydia was present that night.

Good riddance.

My arms crossed over my chest at the chilled breeze that blew against the back of my neck while a ridiculously handsome blonde-haired guy with the brightest ocean-blue eyes and knee-weakening smirk approached me. My heart thundered louder against my chest walls as Logan approached in his gray post-game suit. Once he closed the gap between us with a few long, confident steps, in one breath, I jumped up and flung my arms around his neck. The scent of his fresh soap and deodorant filled my nose, his slightly damp skin on his cheek pressed into mine, and I threaded my fingers through his wet hair.

"Congratulations!" I rushed out and squeezed him tightly. "So proud of you."

"Knew we could do it." His voice was equal parts confidence, pride, and excitement while he held me close against him. "And I'm just going to get this out now since Jake isn't here but it feels fucking amazing, baby."

"So proud of you, Logan." I pressed my lips quickly against his, then slipped down his torso until my feet touched down onto the cement. His palm radiated warmth as his fingers wrapped tightly in between mine and we walked across the parking lot towards his truck. "I love you."

At those words, Logan's feet stopped immediately, his bag hit the pavement with a soft thud, and his hands cupped around my jawline. My stomach fluttered at the intensity in his gaze down at me before his lips closed the gap between ours. His kiss was hard, demanding, and I loved every feeling it ignited inside me. I returned every push and pull until a few trembles quivered down my spine and reminded me we were still in public.

"I love you too." Logan's words were more breath than voice and washed over my lips. He kissed me once again, just pressed his lips hard against mine, then pulled off with a soft pop. "And now that the game's over, let's see your family."

"You mean let's get it over with," I corrected with a grumbled tone. "It's not going to be easy but I want to get the Ryder situation off my chest."

"The whole thing?" Logan's eyes stretched so wide his irises were surrounded with white. His free hand raked through his hair, then rubbed the side of his neck. "You haven't..."

"No." I shook my head while his voice faded off. "I never cleared the air with them. Buried my head in my books up here and pretended like things were fine with how my parents treated me."