Chapter 84: Logan

A/N: Thanks to @120backup for the inspo! 😉

"I'm sorry, what!?" I stared at the devious look on my girlfriend's face, the same one that matched both Harper and Charlie's expressions. Eyes flashed and lips curled up into untrustworthy smiles at the small, white, rectangular box in Harper's hands.

"I'm in." Wes stood up and pulled a smug grin across his face. To add further insult, he rolled up the bottom edge of his T-shirt, exposed his abs to Charlie, then clenched them tighter for more definition. "Just another excuse for you to touch these, babe."

"I can't wait," she murmured and ripped what looked like a piece of wax paper off a small gray rectangle with a white wire attached in its center, then stuck the non-wire side under Wes' navel. Three rips later, he looked like he had stickers that ran horizontal right above his underwear line.

"Best damn thing I've ever heard of." Charlie gave Harper a bright smile, then patted her hand over the... whatever those things were on Wes' stomach. "Always wanted to try it, thanks Harper."

"Have a feeling I'll enjoy this just as much," Harper chirped back with a smirk that none of me trusted.

If that girl's behind this, it can't be good.

And how is this even a thing?

"And you're okay with this." I stared straight at Wes, who shrugged and threw himself down on Charlie's sofa with a small bounce. Once there, he leaned back, tucked his hands behind his head and propped his feet on the coffee table.

"I don't think it'll be that bad," he replied casually. "I've got a high pain tolerance. Bring on the period cramps."

"Right..." My voice faded out and I turned to Ellie. "I'm not sure why I need to prove anything, I believe you that they're bad."

"I think..." Ellie paused while she rolled her lower lip under and chewed on it for a few bites. "You might have some room for improvement in your tiny house of empathy."

My eyebrows lifted at the word 'tiny,' which wasn't often used in reference towards anything about me.

I think she's calling me insensitive.

Harper took the more direct approach and challenged me with raised eyebrows. "I don't think you can handle it, Logan."

Of course she goes right for the verbal nut punch.

"Fine," I relented and shrugged my shoulders. "I'm in."

"Good because it's your turn, ten-pack." Harper's eyes flashed at me as she stepped closer with the same sticker-things that reminded me of the heart rate sensors we wore during our conditioning tests in her hands.

"I'll do it," Ellie spoke up with an unexpected level of excitement that gave me reason to pause, so I did.

"I don't know..." My feet faltered and I stumbled backwards a step when Ellie approached me eagerly, if not more eagerly than Charlie had with Wes. I was anything but comfortable when she guided me until I sat down on Charlie's sofa, where she rolled up the edge of my T-shirt.

"How about we do it together then?" she offered, took the sensors from Harper's outstretched hands, and stuck two of them on either side of her abdomen below her navel. "I'll let you know if it's the same level of pain."

Shit, now I can't not do it.

"Great idea!" Charlie spoke up and, with one flick of her wrist, ripped off two of Wes' stickers and, by his reaction, most likely some of his stomach hairs and the top layer of skin.