41. For Yourself

I get home feeling weirdly satisfied in a very tired way

I get home feeling weirdly satisfied in a very tired way. Shoving Lloyd probably wasn't the best way to deal with things, but it's done and I don't actually regret it. I'm suspended, and my mom's going to kill me, but... but.

Exander had to deal with much worse because of him. I don't regret it. Well, unless my mom finds out I'm gay and kicks me out of the house.

Spica's waiting when I get home. "So?"

"Suspended."

"That's not too bad."

"Yeah, I guess."

"Lloyd outed you two?"

"Yeah." I take a deep breath. "Yeah, he did."

She's quiet for a moment. "So... are you going to get back together with Exander?"

I blink. "Where did that come from?"

She shrugs. "I assumed you broke up because of the whole outing thing. It's kind of over with, now, right? Nobody's still talking about it, really. There's been some other scandal amongst the jocks, I think. And now you know who outed you and you went at him. And I can tell that you and Exander still like each other, so..."

I shake my head. "I dumped him at the worst possible time. He can't still like me."

She rolls her eyes. "He does. Trust me."

"Why, did he tell you?"

She smirks. "I can't tell you that. But really, everyone knows. The way you guys are around each other is painful to watch."

"Spica, I couldn't do that to you. Date him twice."

She frowns. "What do I have to do with it? Rigel, you're making excuses. Just ask him out."

"It's not that easy."

She sighs. "Whatever. Your choice, but... whatever you do, do it for yourself. Figure out what you want and don't worry about everyone else. Not me or Exander or... Lloyd or Cael or whoever. You."

I look at her for a moment, then take a deep breath and nod.