"Hey Adriane!"
Especially her.

The lovely voice of Mavis, calling out to me from the distance.

"Hey Mavis, what are you doing out here, you know dessert is about to be served." I teased.

"Oh I know, believe me, there's no way I'm missing it." She laughed then paused, looking at me.

"You know," She started, gesturing her hands around me, "I'm feeling this strong and intense urge to like, shield you from any incoming danger with my own body." She ended, her face serious.

Woah. "Wow, really?"

A snort, "No." and then a bark of laughter.

I shook my head, probably more at myself for falling for that, and started laughing too.

"To be fair though, I think the urge to ruffle you up and casually smack you across the head has considerably lessened."

"Can't say mine has." I replied, wanting to do just that.

Then we laughed again.

"We were looking for you actually, Mara's sister would be leaving early in the morning tomorrow, and we didn't want to disturb you on your 'honeymoon'," She whispered the last part like she was using a cuss word in front of kids.

"For the last time Mavis, it wasn't a wedding," I laughed.

"Keep telling yourself that."

Taking my eyes off Mavis I turned towards Mara and a girl no one would have had to tell me was her sister.

"Adr-, uhm, Alpha Adriane," She said with a smile, like her own form of congratulations to me for getting the title, "This is Aliyah, my elder sister. Aliyah, Alpha Adriane."

I turned to Aliyah, who resembled her sister in almost every way, just as beautiful, with the same beautiful brown skin and shiny black curly hair. Aliyah was far taller than her sister though, maybe even a little taller than I was, aside that, they could have been twins.

"Very nice to meet you Alpha Adrianne." She had an easy going smile on her face which led me to believe she wasn't as shy as her sister, who almost looked like she wanted to pass out on the first day she met me.

"Likewise. I'm glad you were able to make it. Mara told us quite a lot about you."

"Did she now?" She said turning to face Mara who just faced completely away from her.

This made both Mavis and I laugh.

"Well, she did tell me a lot about you too, and how welcome you made her feel, so I just really wanted to see you in person and thank you before I left."

"Aw, why are you leaving so soon though? Your sister is part of our pack now which extends to you as well, you can stay as long as you like."

"That's very kind of you, thank you. It's just that I made arrangements to visit her for a short while, I only got two days off work. My boss is an a-, difficult." She smiled, and out of the corner of my eye I could see Mara slightly bummed.

She probably missed her a lot.

"But I'll definitely be back though, and maybe then I can stay longer," She said facing Mara who was looking at her this time with a small smile, "Thank you again Alpha Adriane."

"You're welcome, in both ways."
She let out a small laugh and I smiled too.

"Oh so you're cracking jokes now?" Mavis laughed.

"Shut up and go in, your dessert is being served." I laughed shooing her.

"You're not coming with?" She asked me.
"Not just yet, I'm looking for Sarah still, have you seen her?"