"I thought I-, its nothing. I'll head inside now and wait for the meal." Then he gave me a small smile, an actual smile, and nodded 'Alpha', 'Alpha' again and left. Walking off towards the back entrance of the great hall.

"Hmm, maybe it's gonna take a bit more work to get him to actually relax?" I said looking at Damon who was watching Marcus as he walked away. "And a lot more time?" I added watching him fade into the crowd.

Even the way he walked was so serious. I just noticed, as he walked away, his shoulders seemed to be like permanently tensed.

"Maybe." Damon said turning to face the next couple.

James was up next with Mavis. He placed a fist against his chest as well, lowering his head a bit to speak, "What the other guy said." He told us with chuckle, joking about Marcus' intense pledge just now.

Mavis laughed. So did I. I think even Damon did.

Who would have guessed that Marcus would be the most serious one.

"Alpha, Alpha." James nodded at us, getting serious now. "Congratulations."

"Thank you." I smiled at them after Mavis engulfed me in congratulatory hug and then they also left to head inside.

And then next up was the commander of the guards, followed by the chief elder, some council members and then whole families and so on. They all kept coming up to greet us, congratulate us, pledge loyalties to us again, although some way less intense than others. I even saw the wonder boys Daryl and Ryan, who came up as well and offered us a short greeting.

Daryl trying to be formal but still being a goofball, and Ryan, trying to be curt and polite, still a bit tense around Damon.
I guess it was only natural.
I'd seen a lot of them lately so it wasn't like this was the only exchange we'd had, it was just that now formalities were in play and so we were all being formal.

Again, not really one of Darryl's strong suits.

Not everyone could come up at the moment, but we'd still get to see everyone eventually. It was my job now anyway.

Damon stepped aside for a moment while I went to look for Sarah, I hadn't seen much of her lately, she was always just hanging out in the background with some other elders she'd befriended not really saying much.
I think I did see her earlier though, while we were still doing the ceremony.

Now though, the party was in full swing, the music was already blaring through the place, kids already scattered everywhere, running around and food was about to get served any moment now.

Maybe Sarah's already seated inside?

I entered and looked for her but I didn't find her.
Then the food started getting served and I decided to just see her later on.

It was only when the food was coming out on food trolleys and literally being hauled in, did I actually appreciate the fact that they'd used over a week to prepare for all this.

They put so much effort into this and it really showed. From the arrangement and the crafty plating, to the delicate and mouthwatering flavours in the meals.

And there were so many options, from pasta and rice to mashed potatoes, to steak and kebab sticks, and seafood assortment, lobsters drizzled with butter to calamari smiling at me, right down to desserts.

My oh my, the desserts.

Today, I'm going to burst from all the food I'm about to eat and I'm okay with that.
I just like literally need to try everything. Everything.
And I did my best.

As did everyone else. Each just taking a little bit of this and that and just transforming their plates into a mosaic of culinary art.

I was loving every bit of this night.
And I was feeling more connected to everyone.