3 Sterek (2)

(Stiles is seventeen, and Derek is twenty two. (Yes, I know, still a little illegal for the Americans, but in the UK the legal age of consent is sixteen.✋🏻))

Derek was relaxing in his loft, well, as close as relaxing as you can be while sifting through papers and maps. He was expecting someone to arrive soon. When they'd get here, he'd stop his work, but he was running late.
Stiles had a lacrosse game tonight, but Derek couldn't make it to this one. He would usually stand on the sidelines and watch the game, but he had to pinpoint the location of a hunter. He had finished that assignment, and was just doing stuff on the side. He didn't want to get to the game while it was ending so he stayed home.
Derek looked at the clock on his phone, also checking for missed calls and messages. The time read 9:30 pm. Stiles' game should've ended an hour ago, and he should've been here by now.
As Derek was wondering where Stiles could've been, he heard a voice outside the front door. He was all the way in the main room, but his werewolf senses could hear people talking outside of the front door. He could make out Stiles' voice and Scott's. There was apologies being thrown around and denial. Derek was intrigued, but didn't think that much of it.

"Derek? Are you here?" Stiles called out into the loft, as he stepped in.

"In here." Derek replied.

Stiles followed the sound of the voice, and met with Derek in the main room.
He walked up to Derek, and stood their silently, expecting a certain something.
Derek had assumed Stiles was waiting for their custom greeting. He leaned over to kiss him on the cheek, when he was met with a bloody scrape. He stood back up straight in irritation, now noticing Stiles' split lip as well.

"What happened to you?" Derek asked, turning Stiles' head to the side to get a better look at then injury.

"Ah, nothing, just a tackle during the game." Stiles waved off Dereks concern with a smile.

"And how do you get a split like that from a tackle?" Derek raised an eyebrow. The facial scrape under his eye could result from being pushed to the ground, but not the placement of the split lip.

"The guy got a little mad that I got in his way; said that I tripped him or something, even though he just blatantly ran into me." Stiles wanted Derek to know that it wasn't his fault.

"And he threw a punch?" Derek crossed his arms. How much of a scumbag do you have to be to punch a small kid like Stiles, after you ran into him?

"Yeah, maybe." Stiles debated denying the assumption, but ultimately did not.

Derek ran his thumb over Stiles' bottom lip, stopping once he reached his cut. Derek's veins in his hands raised and turned black. He was taking away the ache in the wound. Once it was gone, Stiles sighed in relief.

"Better?" Derek asked, smiling.

"Yeah." Stiles smiled, leaning a little closer to Derek.

"So what was this kids name-" Derek leaned into Stiles as well, trying to persuade him.

"I'm hungry." Stiles interrupted obnoxiously.

"Really? Right now?" Derek asked, annoyed. He was kind of expecting to go out and kick a kids ass.

"A human boy like me, that just got his ass kicked, must be fed." Stiles replied dramatically.

Derek sighed, his irritation turning into amusement.
"Ok. What do you want to eat?" He dropped what he was doing and walked into the kitchen. Stiles following him.

"I don't know. Maybe a grill cheese." Stiles scratched his chin.

As Derek got on to making the food, he asked Stiles another question.
"What we're you and Scott talking about when you got here?"

"He was just mad at that guy who punched me." Stiles simplified.

"Why was he apologizing?"

"Your supersonic hearing is gonna get you in trouble one day." Stiles rolled his eyes, "But after the game, Scott tracked down the guy and punch him back on my behalf." Stiles was kind of proud of Scott for doing that, "But I told Scott that he shouldn't have done that because we'd be kicked off the team if anyone found out. So he was apologizing for that."

"Sounds like something Scott would do." Derek chuckled.

(739)