Chapter 6

Saturday, 02:17 pm.

"... You must be Nya, this dork's girlfriend. Nice to meet you!"

Nya's face immediately went haywire. She turned to Jay who was just as red as she was. He luckily stepped in, cutting off the unbearable silence.

"C-Cole, we... umm... she's not my... you know..."

Needless to say, it was awkward.

Cole raised an eyebrow at the two. "Really? I mean, you have been talking about her a lot and are blushing like crazy when- mmhpfff!" He was cut off by a hand smacked on his mouth. Cole smirked inwardly, licking the palm of his friend's hand.

"Eww! Cole, what the heck?!" Jay withdrew his hand and rubbed it against Cole's shoulder to get his spit off of him.

"That's for putting your dirty paw on my mouth."

"But you literally licked my 'dirty paw'." Jay raised an eyebrow, smirking.

Cole's eyes widened. Then he let out a fake, loud sigh and headed over to the groceries. He grabbed the bags, turning to them. "I'm gonna stack these up, you can do whatever you want. Just tell me when you leave." He then walked into the kitchen.

Jay looked at Nya. "Wanna see my room?" He asked excitedly like a little child.

She nodded just as childishly. And just like he'd done it before, he grabbed her hand, startling her, and pulled her after him. It wasn't even a long run, only a few feet into the right corridor. There were two doors. Both doors were made out of brown wood, and Jay made his way over to the second one, opening it. That meant that the first one was probably Cole's.

Once Nya walked into his room, the first thing she noticed was that the room was quite bigger than she had anticipated. There was a double bed with blue bedsheets in the middle against the white wall that looked quite bouncy due to the fact that Jay immediately plopped onto it, spreading his limbs out and looking at her. She laughed, feeling as if she was babysitting a grown up toddler. But somehow she liked that. There was a closet built into the wall with slidable, blue doors and a huge drawer next to it with a body sized mirror on its other side. On the other side of the room was a blue beanbag with a huge desk where he probably did all his school stuff, she assumed. Well, his school bag was on the floor right next to it, so.

But what caught her eye was the pictures hung on the wall above the dresser. She slowly walked up to them, feeling his eyes following, and stopped once she was standing in front of them. There she saw a lot of pictures, actually. She recognized a lot of the people on them as his parents and some of their old friends.

Her gaze stopped on one particular picture. She took a closer look at the two people on it, recognizing one of them as Jay and the other one as herself. She was piggybacking on his back in front of her parents' house in their hometown, both of them smiling widely into the camera. They both looked so happy and she also remembered that moment as one of her happiest moments she could remember.

However, it was also the last picture they had taken together a few days before he had to move away and leave her.

Noticing her vision locked onto that specific picture, Jay slowly rolled onto her side and got off of the bed. Then, without any warnings, he wrapped his arms around Nya's waist, hugging her from behind. The fact that she didn't object actually sent butterflies through his whole body. In fact, she leaned into his touch and relaxed in his arms, wanting to be held, holding his hands that were on her stomach with her own.

"That was taken before we even knew it was gonna be our last." She began, sighing.

"I know," He sighed, taking a deep sniff of her hair. "I know. But I'm glad I've found you again."