Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

Miles chuckled on the outside, Nolen on the inside.

"Warmth would help to relax your muscles. The soreness won't be so bad then," Nolen informed.

"You're not talking about the whirlpool." She looked from one to the next. "You really mean the whirlpool?" Nolen nodded and Miles grinned. She straightened suddenly, glancing from one to the other with wide excitement in her eyes. "Really? Can we go?"

"If you want that, sure."

Both of them felt their chests swell in delight as they watched her joyous giggling.

"Will you take her?" Nolen asked. "I'll make a quick snack and join you then."

"You're too nice." Lilith smiled warmly as she cupped his cheeks, pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

"For you, gladly." He stood, pecking her head before vanishing.

Miles stood as well, offering his hand to help her up. With a smile accepted and they walked to the whirlpool. Those exercises were stuff for beginners? She already felt as if she could sleep for days after this one session of working out.

"Don't you wanna change back into your swimming suit?"

"I won't move anymore than necessary after that." Miles laughed out and she rose a brow, trying to act cold. "I'm serious."

He cracked up more and she finally joined him as he led her to the stairs. She stepped into the warmth that spread through her limbs and felt as if the strain melted off her bones. "God, that feels awesome."

A loose smile covered her lips as she leaned back, relishing the jets massaging her flesh.

Miles sat down beside her, putting one arm around her as he pulled her against him. She smiled as she rested her head on his arm, closing her eyes. The warmth bubbling around them put her body at ease and the ache was slowly washed away.

She dipped her head beneath the water, hair messy. She took a deep breath, enjoying the comfortable feeling.

"You're so beautiful." She looked up to him, noticed how his eyes were on her; gaze sincere.

One palm found her cheek, caressing her skin as his lips curved. Not his smug, confident smile. It was way softer and warmer. Her cheeks heated up, not only due to his hand, but by his affection.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"Thank you for coming into my life." Her eyes were about to water as she pulled his head down to her, their lips meeting in the most mellow touches.

Both of them melted against one another, their kiss consisted of pure tenderness. They rested their foreheads against one another for a moment, both smiling as they released the other.

Lilith resumed her previous seat, one hand taking his as Nolen joined them shortly after with a tray in his hands. Her eyes were wide as she looked at the neatly prepared Sandwich alongside a bowl of freshly cut fruit. She flipped one side of the brown bread and smiled.

"Avocado, ham and egg. You like that best, right?"

"I do." Nolen sat at her other side and she pressed a kiss to his lips before beginning to eat. "You're the best."

His chest warmed up at her gesture, he failed to keep himself from glancing at her every now and again.

"Is there something left on the list by the way?"

"You want to continue? Are you sure?"

She met Miles eyes and smiled. "Depends on how exhausting it would be."