Chapter Seven

Masquerade.

Lilith was a touch saddened to awoke alone in her bed, but held his level of respect in high regard.

However this did not stop her from pursuing the day with a smile.

"Hello, Erros," Lilith chirped as she waved up at the vampire.

"Lilith, how nice to see you here," he smiled and came down to her. "Are you in need of a lift?"

"Maybe. Depends on what you're doing. I wanted to spend some time with you."

"I'm up for whatever."

"Good, then let's hang out here. Would you be so kind?"

"I'll never turn down being close to such a stunning lady."

A blush colored her cheeks, eyelids fluttering as his fingertips brushed over cheek. He towered over her, eyes down on hers. His smile deepened as he carefully lifted her and brought them further up with one swift jump. His heart thumped against the palm of her hand, that she calmly rested against his shirt. They stood on solid ground for several seconds already, but neither of them intended to move.

The times when he held her in his arms were the only one in which she had a chance to reach his lips. She must admit, she has thought about kissing him. He was smooth with his words, he must as well be smooth in other departments as well, does he? Maybe, she should use this chance. 

Just as she pondered whether she would kiss him or not, he walked a few steps and sat down on one of the couches. With a smile she repositioned herself and snuggled on his lap. She sighed slightly, wishing that her back was fine and he could wrap his arms around her. His hand against her side was not that bad, though.

"What is going through your mind?"

She raised her head, only now noticing his eyes on her. She loved the confident smirk and the cocky touch in his icey orbs. The corners of her mouth curled into a smile. "Nothing that's not obvious."

One of his brows raised as he rested his head against the fist of his free hand. "Now, what would that be, Lilith?"

She loved the way his voice lowered, a playful hint mixed into the deep rumble. Her smile quirked up more as she stretched her head up, black lost in ice. He lowered his head in slow movements as she stood all of a sudden.

Eyes widening, drained from the confidence they held before he watched how she walked away with her hips swaying. She threw a gaze over her head and grinned at him. He shook his head with his usual smirk, orbs following her. "Am I not getting an answer?"

"You're intelligent," she spoke softly and turned to him, "and I said it's obvious. Figure it out."

She turned again, acting busy as hands on each of her sides made her freeze. Her head shot up, eyes meeting his. She swallowed at the half lidded gaze he gifted her with. "I think I do know what's obvious." His voice rumbled deeply, his tone even huskier than usual.

"Is that so?" she whispered lowly, licking her lips.

Slowly she turned, as he stepped closer to her. Only a small gap was between them. One of his hands reached up, fingertips gracing her jawbone down to her chin, pulling her head up. Her lips were parted, she looked up to him as his eyes travelled the softness of her lips. His orbs met hers, his finger stroking over her smooth skin.

Her heartbeat escalated once she noticed how he bend down, eyelids shuddered for a moment before they fell shut. She was unable to swallow a small sound of content once his softness met hers. She felt the widened smirk on his lips as he moved them against hers in slow, yet deep movements.