Chapter Ten

Hell's Place.

Erros pulled his hat deeper down in his face in an attempt to hide the tears dripping from his eyes. His fingers pressed down on the stems of the flowers tightly, it hurt to loosen his grip, letting them sink to the ground.

His fingertips grazed pullulated stone. "Inis vitae sed non amoris." His voice was broken, merely a croaky breath of repentance. Red tainted his cheeks as he gritted his teeth, surpressing a sob and his body shook. "I'm sorry."

- - -

Lilith bit into her sandwich with a soft smile, focusing on the dancing flames in front of her. The fire illuminated the small clearing they sat upon. Stars rested ways above, the moon shining upon them gently.

She loved the laid back atmosphere that surrounded them as they relished one of their usual trips; only this time with the addition of her.

Fellon sniffed the air, his head following a trace, it appeared. Miles seemed to smell it as well. He turned to Lillith. "Do you mind if we feed?"

"Huh?" she began with a full mouth, "I'm eating too so why would it?"

"You know, there's a slight difference if one eats an avocado-ham-egg sandwich than a living, bleeding thing," Fellon told her, thinking she may has forgotten what a vampires diet consists of. "Plus, we cannot leave you alone therefore one will get food and we'll eat here."

She glanced to the side, to her sandwich and back to him, shrugging as she took another bite.

"Why don't you care?"

She met his eyes once again and chewed quickly. "I don't know, I just don't. Kinda feels like I've seen worse than that." Confusion took over his face as he froze. "I don't care, really. Go get yourself some breakfast, guys."

Miles grinned at her and wanted to ask his friend something, but saw Fellon unmoving. "Ah dude, again?" He waved his hand in front of his face. No reaction at all.

"I accepted that Fellon does that sometimes and I gotta say, it's kinda cute, but why does he even freeze like that?"

"He's got some brain damage. I think his head struggles processing some things that turned out differently than he anticipated." He turned from his friend to Lillith and smiled. "Funnily enough his computer crashes happen a lot more regularly since you got here."

"Surely enough that's only a coincidence," she joked.

"How can I be held at fault for her being just as insane than I am?" Fellon spoke and moved like nothing occurred at all. "I believed that to be impossible."

"Good, you're back," Miles placed a hand on Fellon's shoulder, "do you want to get the food?"

"Sure," he said quietly before getting more assertive, gesturing around wildly, "but you do see that she over there is batshit crazy!"

"Not crazier than you."

"Yes!" he called out loud, then calmed down somewhat, "Yes. Because that would be very unhealthy, but you do see my point, yeah?"

"You eating humans is no different to me than me eating pig," Lilith said casually, "Both's cruel, but both's not my kind. You need food as well, so do as you please."

Fellon looked at her with his expression showing he is thinking. "That is a very persuading argument." He turned, sniffing the scent once again. "Goodbye." And gone he was.

Lilith snickered, shaking her head as she took another bite of her meal. Miles watched her with a soft curve on his lips.

"See why he's my best friend?"