Chapter Five

Mutual.

The night was quiet and full of the rest she needed. She felt especially energetic this morning, almost rushing out of her room without looking. Midstep she felt her foot collide with something firm. Once she came to that realization it was already too late, though.

Lilith crashed right to the ground and hissed slightly. Luckily she felt flat to the ground, like a wet piece of toast dropped from the ceiling. Therefore her back did not damage through the fall. She scrambled back to her feet and smiled once spotting the box of books. Remembering Erros' advice about not straining her back she pushed the box into her room with her foot.

She smiled to herself at the differently appearing volumes, but chose to look into them later. She had something else on her mind right now as she headed towards her destination. Regardless of her stumbling entry into the day, she was fully energized and ready as she stood in the hallway. She took in as much air as her lungs permitted, readying her voice for what is to come.

The scream errupted from her chest, blaring through the air. "Miles!"

Confusion took over her features as she heard rumbles coming from all rooms in the wing, before all doors swung open. She turned, over and over, as people ran up to her.

Maddox was first, eyes studying her body quickly, grabbing her arms. "Are you alright?"

Nolen was next, eyes widened. "Lilith, what happened?"

Wrem stood beside her, hand on her cheek instantly. "Did he bite you, honey?"

Erros was the last to come, staring around in anger. "What did he do to you?" She did not expect his voice to be able to growl so low.

She blinked several times, mouth open as she searched for words.

"Uh, I, no. He didn't do anything."

"Then why in hell's name did you scream like that?"

All of their heads turned as they heard laughter. Standing, no, leaning against the door frame for support, Miles roared out loud, unable to contain himself.

"What the fuck is going on," Wrem more spat than asked.

Miles needed several more seconds to pull himself together. "Holy shit," he managed to get out, "I'd never," he broke off to laugh once again, "thought you'd do that."

Once again laughter gushed from his throat. Eyes were on her again.

"What is he talking about, Lilith?" Maddox asked.

She laughed somewhat embarrassed, a blush across her cheeks. "Yesterday when I met him he said I should just go to the sleeping wing and yell his name if I wanted to hear more of his music." She scratched the back of her head. "I'm sorry for the false alarm."

Maddox, Wrem and Erros released a stressed breath. While no one saw it, Nolen deeply enjoyed this humorous situation.

"You know Miles since yesterday and already take a stroll for his room? Fine, my invitation is cancelled," Wrem snapped and stormed back into her room, smashing the door.

Lilith looked after her with sorrow in her eyes.

"Don't worry. This happens all the time. Wrem struggles with her ego sometimes," Nolen reassured her and she smiled thankfully.

"Sorry once again guys."

"It's alright. I guess this trash bag of laughing gas is the one at fault," Erros sighed and gestured towards Miles that still has not gained control of himself.