Chapter 15

"Say, Y/N." Weiss said as she sat down beside him at his bed. "Who do you think would win in a fight, a T.Rex or an Ursa?"

"How'd you come up with that one, Ice Queen?" Y/N said.

"I still don't like that nickname." Weiss pouted.

"Too bad." Y/N said. "Because I love it."

After their night at the park, the two had gotten closer, not closer to not always be on each other's nerves but close enough to be able to tolerate each other.

"I don't even know what an Ursa is." Y/N said. "You never actually bothered to tell me what Grimm are in the first place."

"You never asked." Weiss said.

"Why would I need to ask?"

"Because we didn't know you wanted to know."

"If I wanted to know — of course I want to know, Ice Queen!"

"Hey! Don't start raising your voice at me!"

"Then why are you doing it too?"

"Because you are!"

"What is that even supposed to —!"

Before they could continue arguing, there was a loud Yelp and a crash. Y/N hurriedly ran out o his room while Weiss followed.

"I told you to keep it down!"

"Sorry, but I was just —"

"Hey! Don't talk to my sister like that!"

"Especially you! You're the noisiest of the bunch and you never listen!"

"Why you —!"

"Hey!" Y/N came in just in time and saw Yang's eyes red, fuming with anger while Ruby was holding the remote to the tv, the video paused and Blake had an utmost annoyed look on her face. "What's going on now?"

"Well, she was yelling at Ruby!" Yang said, pointing at Blake.

"Only because she wouldn't turn the volume down!" Blake said, gritting her teeth. "She turned it up, Yang! Up!"

"I was just trying to annoy you a bit." Ruby said, her voice but a mere whisper.

"She's going crazy, Y/N!" Yang said. "She's been acting crazy since summer began!"

"Am not!" Blake said quickly. "I'm only acting like this because of you guys!"

"Ok enough!" Y/N said and everyone immediately shuts their mouth. "Blake, up to your room while me and the rest talk about this."

"But —"

"Now!"

Blake grumbled and picked up her book from the stool, she glanced at Y/N before stomping up her way to their room and slamming the door shut.

"What a brat." Y/N hissed under his breath before turning his attention to Yang and Ruby. "What happened?"

"W-well. . ." Ruby stood up, twiddling her fingers nervously.

"What happened was —"

"I'm not asking you, Yang, I'm asking her." Y/N said sharply and Yang shut her mouth. "What happened, Ruby?"

"I- I was only doing it as a joke." Ruby croaked, her voice sounding dry.

"Doing what?" Weiss asked.

"I raised the volume to a hundred fora while and Blake got mad and one thing led to another."

"So let me get this straight." Y/N said. "You upped the volume as a joke, knowing Blake was already irritated, and she got mad and this is what we're left with?"