Chapter 14

"So, this is it." Yang said dramatically, staring at the table where Y/N and Weiss sat, parallel to each other with a chess board on the table, "The final showdown! Three weeks of training up to this moment!"

Weiss stared determinedly at Y/N who had a bored look on his face, making Weiss irritated.

"Can you take this seriously, Y/N?" Weiss told him.

"I'm taking this seriously." Y/N said in a sarcastic tone, "Very seriously."

Weiss grew more irritated, but Yang quickly spoke up, "Whoever is the winner will get wish for anything they want the loser to do!"

"Why is she speaking so dramatically?" Ruby whispered to Blake.

"I don't know." Blake shrugged.

"Hmph, if I win, I want you to agree to everything I tell you to do." Weiss said, a mischievous grin on her face.

"Then, if I win, I want you to stop asking me how I win against you at chess." Y/N said irritably, making Weiss glare at him.

"I was only making sure you weren't cheating!"

"How would you know if you haven't even played before, Ice Queen?"

"Stop calling me-!"

"And without further ado! Let the match begin!"

[Remnant]
[Beacon]

"When will you come back?" Ozpin asked Ironwood as he boarded his ship.

"I'm not sure. I have to deal with the security of the other kingdoms first, then we'll have to figure out what's going on." Ironwood told him,.

"And the book?" Glynda questioned.

"I'll get our best linguists to study it." Ironwood assured them before the door of his ship closed and it flew off.

"I admit, I feel bad for him." Glynda admitted, and Ozpin looked at her, flabbergasted.

"You?"

"I know, I don't like him. But with the weight of all the kingdoms on his shoulders-"

"He'll be fine. He had been preparing if something like this would happen."

"I know that, but. . . Mistral is falling apart, a new terrorist gang is brewing in Vacuo and don't even get me started with Menagerie."

Glynda sighed stressfully as they walked back to the school, walking past multiple Atlesian knights.

"It just. . I can't help but feel like it's the end of the world." Glynda admitted, a gloomy look on her face.

"I assure you, Glynda. It's anything but the end of the world." Ozpin told her, "We'll fix this, humans have a way of solving problems, no matter how hard it is. We're stronger together than we could ever be alone, and during these times we need it more than ever."

Glynda smiled, "Thank you, Ozpin. But do you plan your speeches in advanced?"

Ozpin laughed, "I don't. It just pops into my head. I remember getting asked that by a boy, can't remember his name but he asked me that during the dance. I wonder where he is now."

"Well, wherever he is. He's probably doing something great." Glynda said.

[Earth]
[L/N Household]