After a few more moments, they broke apart for air.

"Seeing your flushed appearance like this, I think I've proved my skills, no?" The king said in a low voice.

Before Annabeth could retort anything, his lips crashed down on hers again, swallowing any words she might have said. His tongue danced with hers, drawing every breath out until she almost forgot to breathe from her nose.

Annabeth moaned as he cupped the back of her head, pushing the two together in a tight embrace. The sides of her robe were slipping and she could feel parts of her body press against his bare chest.

He evidently had kissed other people before, Annabeth thought. No one was that good straight from the start. Had he ever kissed Sir Rachel before? A small nip on the bottom of her lip brought her back to focus.

"You're not thinking about other men, are you?" The king asked jokingly.

No...she was thinking about other women actually.

The king moved to her jawline and then began distributing little kisses from her chin to her cheekbone. Moving just a few inches, his lips caressed the tender skin below her ear.

"Mmm, Your Majesty..." Annabeth clutched his shoulders as his teeth grazed over where he had kissed.

He smelled like a light scent of sea salt spray, enticing and alluring.

"Come on now, Annabeth...call me by my name." He whispered in her ear.

The warm breath sent shivers down her spine. She clenched her thighs together where a small warm pool of heat was gathering. If she wasn't careful, she might really find herself giving in.

His lips moved to the other side of her neck and began lavishing attention on the soft skin there. She could barely handle his lips and tongue all working together to excite her senses.

"Percy..."

Annabeth managed to pull him off her neck and hastily placed her lips on his again.

*******************************

Percy looked down at his new wife's sleeping face. She was sleeping contentedly from being tired out from a pillow fight and then a heated kissing session in the large bathtub. How innocent she looked now. He had almost forgotten what it was like to let loose for once and forget all the responsibilities he had as king.

But he didn't want to drag her into his world full of treachery. Of course, he knew that she was not as simple as she looked. But her methods of accomplishing her goals were much different than what he used to achieve his. Besides, he could tell they were still wary of each other.

Carefully, he extricated himself from the bed to not wake her up. He quietly pressed a particular stone that soundlessly opened to a small hidden staircase. For the sake of an easier route from Gardenia Palace to Dahlia Palace, an underground hallway had been carefully constructed that connected the two palaces so the king could visit the queen without going outside in the bitter winter cold. The knowledge of the connections was nearly lost to most people except for the oldest and senior staff, people whom Percy trusted. Not even the dowager queen knew of this tunnel as King Poseidon never used it to visit her.

King Poseidon only had a passing fancy with Lady Amphitrite who had a resemblance to Percy's mother. Still, Percy had never forgiven his father for marrying someone so alike his mother on the surface. Who would after all?

There were other secret hallways leading from Gardenia Palace to the palaces set for the mistresses, but Percy's father had them carefully sealed long ago. During Dahlia Palace's renovation, Percy secretly had another underground tunnel leading to the outside for escape, but that was not the one he was planning on using.