Epilogue

Derek's POV:

"Cristina!"

"Yes, Derek?"

"Do you remember what today is?"

"Yes, today is Mer's anniversary I was going to go to her grave after work, would you like to join Alex, Izzie, and I?"

"Of course I would!"

"What about your wife?"

"She won't care as long as I bring the kids along with me."

"Okay, then we will meet in the lobby at 8."

Today is August 10th the day Meredith died, the day a little bit of me died, I will never tell Addison how much Meredith meant to me and who we named our child after because it would hurt too much, it hurts knowing that I was supposed to grow old with Meredith but that was 11 years ago, and we have all moved on some unwillingly like myself.

Cristina, Alex, Izzie, and I all went to the same college and med school together and now work at Seattle Grace hospital it was hard at first working at the hospital that Meredith passed away at, the hospital where Cristina and I got treated for cancer but we are growing and we have come to accept that life is a bitch even if we wish it wasn't and Meredith was with us today.

I have been married for 2 years nearly three and soon after Addison and I welcomed a boy and girl into the world, Christopher has just turned two years old and Meredith is turning one later this month, my life is going great but it would be so much different if Mer was here but I'm happy, I'm happy with my wife and I'm somewhat happy with how life turned out to become.

//

8:00pm

Everyone was there Ellis, Richard, Izzie, Cristina, and Alex ever since Meredith passed we all agreed that every year we would all go to her grave and put flowers and talk to her as if she was still with us, and this year was no different we got into the car and drove into the cemetery. Each person went up one at a time and talked to her and updated her on our lives and then it was my turn, I walked over Christopher in my hand and Meredith in my arms.

"Hi Meredith, it's me, Derek. Uh, I don't know if you have been watching over us or anything but I want you to meet my kids, and before you give me a lecture about having kids young they truly are great Mer you would love them. So this is Christopher named after my father and this is Meredith we named her after you because you were my best friend. I really do miss you Mer and I wish you were still with us and that you would have fulfilled your surgery dreams, I'm a neurosurgeon now well hoping to be and I promise you I will make you proud."

Meredith's POV:

Every year they come and visit me and it makes me happy seeing that Derek has moved on and made himself a family I saw him struggling after I died so this makes me happy. 

It makes me happy that Alex and Izzie finally got together and are now thinking about marriage and kids, I always knew they had crushes over each other.

It makes me happy that Cristina is happy with this Owen guy and that she has fallen in love with Cardio.

It makes me happy that mum and Richard have given it another go and are finally happy together.

I'm glad everyone has moved on but still comes and visits me and it makes me feel like I was always loved.

Derek's Pov:

I miss you Mer, and I love you and I will always love you.

Mer's POV:

I love you too Derek.

Okay so this is the end of the story, please don't hate me I couldn't think of anyone else besides Rose or Addison for him to married to and I don't like Rose so it was Addison. I really hope you enjoyed reading this it was my first time writing a story like this but thank you for all the votes and the comments and showing this story support it means the world to me :)

I am still writing my other stories so if you haven't already check those out :) and thank you to everyone who gave me advice and ideas for this story cause without your help I don't think it would have been as good as it is now.

Have a great day everyone and thank you again!

-Cerys