Angels

*Disclaimer so Izzie and Alex are in this story as Mer's friends from her high school. She just never mentioned them hope you enjoy this chapter*

Derek's POV:

Today is Meredith's funeral and I can't bring myself to even get out of bed, she is correction was the love of my life, we were going to go to college together, med school together, and work at the same hospital and now, now I don't even know if I can go into medical school knowing she won't be there with me. God, why did she have to die why couldn't it be me.

It's now ten 'o'clock and the service is at 12 and if I don't start getting ready now mum will attempt to get me out of bed and fail and then she will send Amelia to literally drag me out and I don't have the energy to deal with that today so I slowly get out of bed and prepare for the worst day of my life, burying my best friend, and the love of my life.

//

Cristina's POV:

Today is Mer's funeral we didn't know each other long but she was a sister to me, we were the twisted sisters we were supposed to fight our cancers together and survive, we were going to be interns together, and now, now I'm attending her funeral at the age of 17. She died at the age of 17 that's barely anytime on this planet and now she is gone and I don't know what to do now, she was my only friend and she left me.

//

Richard's POV:

Meredith was like a daughter to me, I know I caused her mother pain in the past that was reflected onto her wellbeing but I always cared for Meredith and now she is gone. The closest thing to a daughter I have is dead and I was the doctor gave her hope that she will get past this and now look where we are, I'm in a black suit and Meredith is no longer with us. 

Ellis hasn't talked to me for weeks and who can blame her she just lost her only daughter, she may make it look like she didn't care about Meredith but she did, she loved her with all her heart and she didn't even get to say goodbye.

//

Thatcher's POV:

I feel guilty.

I feel guilty for leaving Meredith.

I feel guilty for never reaching out to her.

I feel guilty for not visiting her when she was ill.

And now I'm attending her funeral and I never got to tell her how sorry I am for leaving her and not coming back.

I don't even remember the last time I told her I loved her and now I won't get that chance again.

//

Ellis's POV:

I've lost my baby girl forever and I never got to say sorry for my actions towards her, I never told her how proud of her I was all these things that I took for granted and can never say well anything to her again and that truly breaks my heart.

I know I was an awful mother leaving her on her own all the time, yelling at her not listening honestly the list could go on and it's heartbreaking that the fact Meredith had to die for me to realize how awful I had been to her and I can't try and fix it.

//

Alex's POV:

Mer was my best friend since 2nd grade, she didn't even tell us she had cancer she just said she had to have time off of school and stopped talking to Izzie and I and we had never heard from her until her mother rang us letting us know about her passing.

I never got to say goodbye to my best friend, I never got to tell her I got into medical school and we were going to be surgeons together, all the things I could have said to her and now I won't have the chance to. We could have been together for her last months but she shut us out and now she is gone and I didn't get to say goodbye.

//

Izzie's POV:

I first met Mer in middle school she was sitting in the back of the classroom and no one was talking to her and since I was new it seemed I wasn't the only one in need of a friend, she helped me last year when I got pregnant and supported me with the decision to put my child into adoption, but yet she didn't tell me she had cancer and now we found out too late now she is gone my best friend is gone and I never got to tell her I got into middle school.

And now Alex and I are on our way to the funeral, today we say goodbye to our best friend and nothing will ever be the same.

So sorry for not updating sooner, this is one of the last chapters next chapter is the funeral, and then depending on how that goes I will write an epilogue or something. But I hope you liked this chapter it kind of is just everyone getting ready to say goodbye to her and what they regret etc. If you liked this chapter don't forget to comment and vote and if your have ideas let me know.

Have a great day

-Cerys