I love you more than words can say

Meredith's POV:

I was shocked, Derek just confessed his love to me and I'm not entirely sure how to respond because I don't know if I love him back. I mean I know I have feelings for him but I'm definitely not ready for the "I love you" and plus I'm dying it would just make everything more complicated than it already is.

Derek was looking at me with those McDreamy eyes waiting for me to answer him but the words just wouldn't leave my mouth as much as I wanted them to.

"uh, Derek I don't really know what to say,"

His face dropped in that moment I knew I fucked up.

Derek's POV:

As I was waiting for Mer's response my brain was working overtime with all of her possible answers I couldn't help but imagine our future together, becoming doctors, getting married starting a family but then she said she didn't know.

"Mer- if time is what you need you may be running out of it."

'Derek's it's not the time I need it's you I need but I don't trust myself and I don't fully believe that you will stick around."

It broke my heart hearing that Meredith doesn't trust and believe that I will stay but really who could blame her with all the shit her parents have put her through, I wish I could make her see how special she is to me and how loved she is by my family she is an honorary member of the Shepherd clan whether she wants to be or not.

//

Meredith's POV:

I do want to be with Derek but I not sure if I'm ready for him to know all the dark and twisty secrets that I have but I guess I have nothing to lose so I might as well give it a shot.

"Derek, I would love to be your girlfriend but keep in mind at this very moment I am dying and I don't want you to dwell over my death if I do die. Promise you won't spend your life miserable over my death Derek, please."

"Meredith, what we need is a mircale that they can get a kidney for you and once they d because one will come avaible if you felt comfortable you could live with me, because well you live by yoursself basically and in a way we get to be together and know eachother better."

Woah Derek is already thinking about me moving in with him he can't be serious can he?

*Time jump to two weeks*

Derek and I have been together for two wonderful weeks, he comes everyday to see me and asks the doctors for any and every update and when they think I can leave which at this moment is a long way away as I still need new kidneys and I'm running out of time but Derek is being very optamistic about thw whole situation,but if I'm being honest I can't see a bright side to this.

My mother has continued not to vist me but has occasionally walked past or talk to my doctors but hasn't directly talked to me since that day and I'm kinda thankful for that as it saves me from her cristism and her harsh comments. I was interrupted from my thoughts we Dr. Webber and my mother walked into my room.

"Meredith, your mother and I have some news."

I swear if they are here telling me they have rekindled they love I will vomit.

"They have been kidneys that have come avaible." 

hope everyone likes this chapter ngl this is kind of a filler I want Mer to get semi better and then merder to be well in love and have a good life with some bumps along the road hehe, Thank you for all the love and support you have shown my three stories it means a lot to me and sorry in advance if this chapter had grammar and spelling mistakes :/ 

Please vote or comment it means a lot!!!!

Have a great day!!

-Cerys x