We walked out of the bathroom and I followed her into living room, plopping myself on the couch as she grabbed her bag.

"Riley?" she called timidly from the kitchen as she began walking towards me. I glanced up from the TV and faced her, a very apprehensive expression crossing her features. "Are you going to report that Jake guy? Because from what you told me, he should definitely get some kind of punishment for what he did to you."

She watched me with wide eyes. From her tone of voice, she sounded almost worried. Her eyes were filled were concern and her eyebrows hung low on her face.

I'd thought about telling the campus security or even Professor Livingston about what happened in the hallway a few nights ago but for some reason I was scared to. Jake had been very frightening that night and I could only imagine how angry he'd be if he found out I reported him. 

I opened my mouth to answer but Gabbie continued before I could.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Harry was able to intervene, but what if he hadn't been there? Who knows what could have happened. And what if Jake does that to another girl and no one is there to help her?" she asked.

The thought scared me because I could still remember the surge of helplessness I felt when Jake had me pinned against the wall. Gabbie's hypothetical situation really did put it into perspective for me. I wouldn't want the chance of that happening to someone else, especially when I had the ability to report what Jake had done and stop it from happening again.

"I know" running my fingers through my hair. "I want to tell someone what happened. I'm not afraid of them not believing me. I'm just afraid that he'll find out I said something."

"I'm sure there's a way for you to report him anonymously. And if you want, I can go with you to file a report" she reasoned.

Gabbie was right. I didn't want the incident that happened to go unnoticed.

"Okay, okay yeah" I turned to face her again. "I'll file a report."

"You don't have to do it just this minute Riles, but just think about it okay? I don't want him to get away with hurting my best friend."

I smiled at her overprotective gesture, feeling so incredibly loved and supported by her simple persuasion. I'd managed to block out what happened with Jake because I was tired of the images running through my mind and haunting me when I tried to sleep. I didn't want Jake to hold that kind of power over me, not when I was trying so hard to work on myself. 

"Okay, I will" I replied much more confidently.

"Good, I'll see you later. Tell Harry I said hi" she smiled as she made her way to the door. Her slightly sad tone had wavered and she returned to her usual preppy demeanor.

"Okay, I will- wait" I cut myself off. Harry was planning to come over but I hadn't remembered telling Gabbie that he was. "How'd you know he was coming over?"

I heard the front door open as Gabbie answered my question. "Oh please, if you guys are together now I only expect you two to be spending as much time with each other as possible. And since it looks like you're not going over there, I figured he's coming here."

From the sassy tone in her voice I could tell she was smirking and that she was proud of herself for knowing what would be taking place now that Harry and I had finally expressed our feelings to one another.

"Exactly" Gabbie yelled as she started closing the door. My silence only proved to her that she was right and there was no way I could prove what she had predicted wasn't spot on. "Don't forget to remind him about coming to the recital tomorrow. See ya!"