Broken Toys (Part 1) | "He's gonna turn..."

Comincia dall'inizio

He nodded and I gave Clementine a knowing look, letting go of her hand. I walked over and slapped Abel in the face, making him splutter and sit upwards quickly. Backing off, we all glared at him with determination.

Abel: … the fuck!?

He took a minute, but he soon got used to the light and surroundings.

Abel: Well, that ain’t no way to wake an old man up from his afternoon nap. I was having a nice dream, too, about a girl I used to know, from before. She also had me tied up, but I wasn’t her prisoner, if you get my meaning.

He started coughing uncontrollably and I grimaced as blood sprayed from his mouth.

Y/n: We don’t want to hear about your kinks, it’s making me sick.

The man glared, but cleared his throat and didn’t speak about it anymore.

Abel: Got any water?

AJ got up from his seat, holding a canteen.

AJ: Drink.

Abel: You’ve got good manners, squirt. Don’t mind if I do.

The canteen was tipped for him and Abel drank quickly, then it was taken away, again. Clementine stepped forward.

Clementine: You’ve had your water. Now it’s time to talk.

Abel: This is your first time interrogating someone, isn’t it? You let me dictate the agenda. Makes me think you’re weak.

Clementine: Don’t make this harder than it needs to be, okay?

Y/n: We just wanna know where Lilly took our people.

The man shook his head and coughed slightly.

Abel: It doesn’t matter. Soon as she gets there, she’s gonna turn around and come right back for me. You better give me the five-star treatment. If I’m smiling when she gets here, you might be able to trade me for a little mercy. We underestimated you little shits, but Lilly won’t make the same mistake twice. She’ll be back. Trust me. She can’t afford to leave anyone behind.

Clementine: You think Lilly would come back for you? Look at the state you’re in. You’re worthless to her now.

Abel: I can hear.

Y/n: There’s no fucking rescure party. Get it in your thick head. All you have right now, Abel, is a bunch of pissed off kids who want you dead.

AJ: So tell us where our friends are. You trade it for mercy.

Abel: Lilly will never give ‘em up. Only reason we came here was for more manpower. Losing Yonatan and me, for three sprouts who can barely hold a gun… Even a dummy like me do the math on that one.

Clementine: We’re gonna get ‘em back.

Abel: You don’t know what it’s like out there. It’s a bloodbath, one community against another, from Richmond to the coast. Back at the Delta, we’re at war, with some really sick fucks who make me look like the Virgin Mary. We need people to fight it. Soldiers who do what we say. Point the guns the way we tell them to. You little turds were supposed to be easy pickings.

Clementine: That’s called kidnapping.

Abel: Call it whatever name you want. I call it survival.

Y/n: You need a dictionary.

Clementine: What kind of place is this Delta if they use forced labor to defend it?